2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've set up a campaign and enabled it. Keep trying to find it on google but it's not showing. I have set up a location on Hertfordshire and Essex. Is this a good idea as my business is based here or should I just choose UK?
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Ad not showing

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Trazza,

Welcome to adwords community, 

If you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword, what status is assigned to it?

its running or not. 

you should try to use add preview tools which provide you real time result in google. 

For more detail of add preview tools go with this link 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en&

Dont try to search in google it will directly increase your impression.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Trazza wrote:
I've set up a campaign and enabled it. Keep trying to find it on google but it's not showing. I have set up a location on Hertfordshire and Essex. Is this a good idea as my business is based here or should I just choose UK?

My first advice to you would be not to look for your own ad on Google. That's because this would hurt your own numbers like Impressions, CTR etc...

Also another valid point as per my understanding not to look for your own ad is that Google works on relevancy and if you keep trying and searching for the same keyword again and again, you might get variable results from Google because the algorithm works like that way and will not show you the earlier results thinking that you didn't find them relevant.

There's Ad Preview Tool meant for all advertisers to look for the real time results. Use this tool as a medium to look for your ads without any harm: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?hl=en&

If your business is meant for some particular locations, then I won't suggest you initially to expand the geo targeting because it might get the irrelevant traffic which you don't want. However, if you think that you can serve people outside the regions which you mentioned, then it's a different ball game.

You might be interested in knowing more about what different options you have to target your audiences. Read this article for more insights.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en&

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Trazza,

Welcome to adwords community, 

If you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword, what status is assigned to it?

its running or not. 

you should try to use add preview tools which provide you real time result in google. 

For more detail of add preview tools go with this link 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en&

Dont try to search in google it will directly increase your impression.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Trazza wrote:

My first advice to you would be not to look for your own ad on Google. That's because this would hurt your own numbers like Impressions, CTR etc...

Also another valid point as per my understanding not to look for your own ad is that Google works on relevancy and if you keep trying and searching for the same keyword again and again, you might get variable results from Google because the algorithm works like that way and will not show you the earlier results thinking that you didn't find them relevant.

There's Ad Preview Tool meant for all advertisers to look for the real time results. Use this tool as a medium to look for your ads without any harm: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?hl=en&

If your business is meant for some particular locations, then I won't suggest you initially to expand the geo targeting because it might get the irrelevant traffic which you don't want. However, if you think that you can serve people outside the regions which you mentioned, then it's a different ball game.

You might be interested in knowing more about what different options you have to target your audiences. Read this article for more insights.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en&

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help.  My status is showing as Eligible.  When I check the Ad preview and diagnosis it says I have reached my budget although everything under my campaign is showing 0.  Can you help?

Thanks

Tracie

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Tracie,

Are you referring to eligible status of your campaign or ad copy? Can you clarify that?

If it is something you are referring to Ad Status, then eligible means that they are yet not approved and can only be shown on Google search pages.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/138186?hl=en&

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Under Ad Groups it says Eligible and under Ads it says approved so a bit confused.  Maybe it hasn't actually been approved yet.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Trazza wrote:

Under Ad Groups it says Eligible and under Ads it says approved so a bit confused.  Maybe it hasn't actually been approved yet.

That should be fine because if your ads are approved, there shouldn't be any problems.

Is there a possibility that you are running out of your daily budget?

Try to change the date range settings and may be that's something which need a fix from your side.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it maybe take a whiile to update?  It's all just showing 0 for impressions, clicks etc

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

There can be a delay of a few hours before data is fully updated in your AdWords account, as they are not updated in realtime. 

If you're still having problems with seeing information in your account, I'd also recommend that you try clearing your cache and cookies, as this can help you avoid any browser issues that may be affecting your account. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help everyone, it turns out although my payment had been accepted it hadn't completely gone through.  It's all working fine now.