1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing because ad already showing for a keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Most of my keywords are not showing ads because "One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword. " But all my keywords are sharing the same Ad Lists. Why are some keywords showing ads (impressions are accumulating, so I know ads are being shown), while other keywords are not showing ads (irrespective of budget constraints)???

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ward S
September 2015

Re: Ad not showing because ad already showing for a keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ward,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

Only one keyword in your account can trigger an ad per search term.AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use when you have similar keywords in your account. Find more information here.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ward S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ward,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

Only one keyword in your account can trigger an ad per search term.AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use when you have similar keywords in your account. Find more information here.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much! That is, indeed, very helpful.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ward S,

One thing to look at is match types. If you have the same keyword in different match types, generally the broad match bubble tool will tell you the keyword does not show because the exact match term (or phrase match) will get the impression. The tool is based on the exact term, no matter the match type. That does not mean the broad match term gets no impressions. It gets impressions for other search queries for which the phrase or exact match terms are not eligible.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having this problem but with the following twist: All keywords are paused except for my problem term; I have only one ad in the account; and I still get the error that the term won't show because there may be other ads ranked higher!!!!!!!!

This term is vital for my customer and it just won't display!!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem. I paused every single ad except one and that one still says not showing as one of my other ads is showing for this keyword. I suspect this would still be the case even if I deleted all the words except this one. Surely there is a reason Google do this for certain words or it is a system error within adwords. 

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.