4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not being created because it can't locate my Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up everything for my second campaign, but when I go to create an ad and I search for my ad group to apply to the ad, none of my campaigns or my ad groups show up. What is going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashlee,

I would log out of your account, clear your browser cache completely and then log back in. Now, I would click on the All Campaigns in the left hand menu stack and then click on the actual campaign you want to create an ad for. At this point, everything should work great and you will be able to create the ad type your campaign can utilize.

Keep in mind that if you click on All Campaigns and then the +Ad creation button, you will see all ad types offered. However, if you choose an ad type that is not available for your specific ad group... you cannot pick an ad group (it does't exist) and you go in this endless loop. Take a look at the chart on this page to learn more.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashlee,

I would log out of your account, clear your browser cache completely and then log back in. Now, I would click on the All Campaigns in the left hand menu stack and then click on the actual campaign you want to create an ad for. At this point, everything should work great and you will be able to create the ad type your campaign can utilize.

Keep in mind that if you click on All Campaigns and then the +Ad creation button, you will see all ad types offered. However, if you choose an ad type that is not available for your specific ad group... you cannot pick an ad group (it does't exist) and you go in this endless loop. Take a look at the chart on this page to learn more.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for the input. I did as you said and then I also made sure that my campaign was set up to support the ad gallery which it was. After creating the ad group over again, I tried to set up the again and once again it wouldn't find my ad groups or my campaigns. I also called Google for help, but all they wanted to do was make me put more money to my ads. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ashlee,

You are welcome. 

Can you tell me what type of campaign you created? Search Network with Display Select (standard or all features) or Display Network only (all features)?

Kind Regards,

James