AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad impression depends upon the value of CTR?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At what value of CTR our ad will not appear

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad impression depends upon the value of CTR?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

@viveksharma wrote:

At what value of CTR our ad will not appear

I am not quite sure what you mean here. CTR or Click Through Rate = number of clicks/number of your ad impressions. See this article for more insights.

If your CTR is high, that means users are finding your ad more relevant with respect to your ad impressions.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Vivek,

How often your ad is shown. An impression is counted each time your ad is shown on a search results page or other site on the Google Network.

Increasing your Adwords impression is very important factor in advertising as it represents increasing and expanding the reach of your marketing efforts and targeting more customers. It is also one of the easiest to improve on when compared to increasing the efficiency of other factors such as the CTR, Quality Score and landing page quality.

Make sure that you are efficiently optimized for the imp you are presently getting before deciding on increasing the imp itself.

Few Factors that have the highest potential in increasing your impressions.

>>Use Themed keywords

>>Keep bid high

>>Have Good budget

>> Use Broad Match type

>>Advertise on Display Network

Clickthrough rate (CTR) is the number of clicks your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown.

What it is: CTR represents how often people click your ad after it's shown to them:

CTR = Clicks on your ads/ Impressions (ad views)

Example: If you have five clicks and 1000 impressions, then your CTR is 0.5%.

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am asking at what value of CTR our ad will not appear.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Vivek,

I would like to add here,

If you will not receive any impression your ads will not appear.

When you receive impressions but not click CTR looks like 0.00% but in this case your ads will appear because you are getting impressions.

when you received no impressions no clicks your ctr looks like 0.00% but in this case your ads will not appear. because no impressions no clicks.

Ads to be shown or not "first" depend on impressions. CTR is being calculated when you get clicks.

No impressions = No clicks = 0% CTR = No ads will appear

some Impressions = No Clicks = 0% CTR = Ads will appear.

If you can elaborate why you are asking this question I think we would be able to explain better.

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As such there is no defined formula or minimum value of CTR, where your ad will not appear. But yes, if CTR is 0%, that directly means your ad is not getting clicked and only getting impressions.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually this question was asked to me in an interview & i replied the interviewer that according to the logical formula of CTR ad impression does not depend upon the value of CTR, But he replied in adwords there is one defined value of CTR when it reaches our ad stop showing at Google. I am not sure about the value but he was saying the CTR value is ".05".

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
One more thing you subject line says

"Ad impression depends upon the value of CTR?"

CTR is what depends on the number of clicks/number of impressions.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes thats why im asking does it depends or not, because if it reaches that value then at that point then Ad impression depends upon the value of CTR at one point.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi viveksharma,

The questions does not make any sense! But maybe you have misunderstood the question. You have your CPC bid, and your actual cost-per-click data, which are somewhat related to CTR.

When the actual cost-per-click is more than your CPC bid, your ad will stop getting impressions. I would interpret "the value of CTR" as the actual cost-per-click. So, if you bid $.05 and your competition bids $.10 and higher and your competition occupies all available ad space on a SERP, you won't get any impressions.

This is a bit simplified as it does not consider the impact of your QS. It is actually your ad rank that determines placement (or no placement) of your ad on that page. Ad Rank = QS x Bid.

I hope this helps!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords