3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad group splitting based on keyword match type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Which type of keyword setup within adgroup works effectively ? Having all keyword match type within one ad group for specific keyword set or splitting ad group on keyword Match type ? For few days my campaign was performing good with all keywords match type for specific keyword sets in single Ad group, but all of sudden this setup seems to be not working . Tried to increase bids on every restricted aspects (location,age,devices,gender), with help of campaign simulator increased my bid to 100%, still my ad was not able to get single click . 

Previous setup :

Ad group A : Ad 1 + Ad 2 : different Keywords set with all match type for both ads, without any duplicate keyword.

My campaign was having some keywords with QS 8, now its a complete mess . 

After going through many post over here, came to know about ad group segmentation based on keyword match type . I am into adwords since last one week . Any suggestion please , should i go for keyword match type segmentation or not ? How this new ad group type will affect campaign compare to my previous setup . 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geek D
October

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do it many different ways. Based on your question, I suggest separating them into groups by match type (and theme). What this does for you, especially in the exact group, is allow you to know the specific queries that will be searched to trigger those ads. That means you can make those ads highly relevant to the keyword theme within that group. This would make them more likely to have a higher CTR and good quality score.

The phrase and broad match groups will be good for keyword mining, but I typically start out with the same ads for all match types (because they should all be the same theme of keywords). As you accumulate more data you can pull keywords from the search term report in the phrase/broad match groups and add them to the exact match (or exclude them if not performing).

If you are using exact, phrase and broad, I would add exact as exact match negatives in the phrase and broad match groups. I would then add the phrase match keywords as negative phrase match in the broad match groups. This will drive those terms to the most relevant keyword (the exact or phrase match) and therefore show the most relevant ad.

Best of luck,

David

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geek D
October

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do it many different ways. Based on your question, I suggest separating them into groups by match type (and theme). What this does for you, especially in the exact group, is allow you to know the specific queries that will be searched to trigger those ads. That means you can make those ads highly relevant to the keyword theme within that group. This would make them more likely to have a higher CTR and good quality score.

The phrase and broad match groups will be good for keyword mining, but I typically start out with the same ads for all match types (because they should all be the same theme of keywords). As you accumulate more data you can pull keywords from the search term report in the phrase/broad match groups and add them to the exact match (or exclude them if not performing).

If you are using exact, phrase and broad, I would add exact as exact match negatives in the phrase and broad match groups. I would then add the phrase match keywords as negative phrase match in the broad match groups. This will drive those terms to the most relevant keyword (the exact or phrase match) and therefore show the most relevant ad.

Best of luck,

David