Guide Me
star_border

Ad extensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Source - Adwords
There's no cost to add extensions to your campaign, but you're
charged as usual for clicks on your ad, as well as for certain interactions that extensions provide. For example, you're charged for clicking on a download button (app extensions), on a call button (call extensions), on a directions icon (location extensions), and so on.

How would I know how much will I be charged for clicks on download app, call and location extensions?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Ad extensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What does this mean?

AdWords charges no more than two clicks (per impression) on each ad and its extensions.

Re: Ad extensions

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Prasad,

You can go through the click type report.

Go to segment sub-tab within the adwords dashboard >> click type.
There you will get all the data where the click/conversion was generated.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Prasad P,

Clicks on extensions would have the same CPC as an ad headline click. More info on actual CPC (both for ads and extensions) is in the link you've posted.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please refer to the great answers posted by @Jon_Gritton in this thread:

Why do we get charged "up to two clicks per impression

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Archit
I'm aware of the 'click type' segment. What I would like to know is, on what basis is Adwords gonna charge me for clicks on the above mentioned extensions? (For example: Adwords will charge me on the basis of the min. bid (below my max CPC) required to beat the next closest advertiser.)

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
As mentioned by Sumanth, It will be the normal CPC charged. These will be equivalent to the actual CPC charges for you ad for any particular position. It does not matter whether the headline was clicked or any extension was clicked, the charges will be same for both.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Prasad,

To be more specific, here are the details that @Sumanth Sridhar has already pointed above:-

Screenshot_2.png

My 2 cents!

Pankaj