1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad dissapproved!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site www.rokpix.biz has failed to be approved by Adwords... I don't understand why.. the msg tells me that the link leads to a site under onstruction or omething, which seems incorrect to me! How does all this wok???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ad dissapproved!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello RokPix,

Please check your ad's destination URL. You might have included some internal page of your website which is either under construction or displays some error code.

As per Google's destination URL policy quote below:

Requirements:

• Your website can't be under construction or link to an error page.
  • Your ad's destination URL can’t lead to a landing page that displays an error status code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 405 error).
  • Your ad’s destination URL can’t lead to an email address or a file. This includes image, audio, video, or document files that require an additional application to open or run (such as PDF files).
  • Your landing page must work properly for all locations, regardless of where you're targeting your ad.
  • Landing pages must deliver the same content to all users and all IPs, from all browsers. Redirecting based on IP isn't allowed.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello RokPix,

Please check your ad's destination URL. You might have included some internal page of your website which is either under construction or displays some error code.

As per Google's destination URL policy quote below:

Requirements:

• Your website can't be under construction or link to an error page.
  • Your ad's destination URL can’t lead to a landing page that displays an error status code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 405 error).
  • Your ad’s destination URL can’t lead to an email address or a file. This includes image, audio, video, or document files that require an additional application to open or run (such as PDF files).
  • Your landing page must work properly for all locations, regardless of where you're targeting your ad.
  • Landing pages must deliver the same content to all users and all IPs, from all browsers. Redirecting based on IP isn't allowed.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi RokPix,

I don't know about your site being under construction, but I did observe one thing that will get your ad disapproved.

Your home page is "keyword spamming", which will no doubt get your ad disapproved. Even if you include all those keywords in a comment, or a hidden block element, that is still keyword spamming.

Not only will your Ads be disapproved, your organic rank will also be negatively affected when you use this technique. This is "black hat" SEO from last century. If you have hired a web designer who charged you for this, I'd ask for a refund and find someone else whose skills are more up-to-date. If you have done this yourself, get a newer book on web site design.

It looks like there are only 2 pages built out on your site, that could be the reason Google thinks it's under construction. The keyword stuffing also looks like a techniques called "Greeking", which is used to dummy up the layout for your new site. It is intended as a place holder, not actuall text.

Two things you can do.

1. (The easy method, not necessarily the best) Remove all those keywords. Give each page a unique and relevant title.

2. Write some real copy (instead of a list of keywords) describing your services. Use as many of your keywords as possible, but in a more readable style.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords