2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved (site policy)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey guys, so Im kinda new to adwords (i got a free voucher) I tried to set it up to point to my website but a few minutes later it came back saying disapproved? Its basically a standard wordpress site with some additional content. Website URL is www.feartherandom.com Can anyone take a look and see if I am doing anything wrong?
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Ad disapproved (site policy)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
There is the adsense + there are outside links on some pages http://www.feartherandom.com/category/tech-corner/

This may have your site being categorized as a bridge page or arbitrage. It is a really hard all though. I would suggest that you contact Google and ask for the specifics behind the disapproval. See the upper right corner of this page for the Contact AdWords button

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Brian,

Site looks fine to me from here, but still couple a questions:

1. Do you apply any techniques like cloaking?

2. Are your AdGroups linking to the main page or to: http://www.feartherandom.com/welcome-to-ftr/

3. Do you have any ballon tooltip in the adgroups saying the disapproval reason or did you get any mail?

4. Are you advertisingin search-network or also display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. not even sure what that is, so no lol 2. it just points to the main url www.feartherandom.com 3. no i just got the mail saying it was disapproved (site policy) 4. Not entirely sure what you mean, but im not advertising anything

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bryan,

thanks for the answers.

In this case a suggestion would be a shot in the dark. Maybe some other guys in the forum spot something.

Only suggestion I have is that I suppose if did setup the campaign with a standard setup you are advertising in the display network. Therefore your site may need a proper Imprint.

However, resubmitting your site with changes that you do not know if they are useful may lead to more problems than usage.

So the best you can do is contact the adwords support via mail or telephone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have been struggling with it for a while now, i will contact them and ask them to look. thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bryan,

The website looks like a personal blog with AdSense in it. Google always wants you to add some value for the user, when you are using AdWords.  If they see you are just driving traffic to the site and the user has to just click on AdSense ads as an action apart from reading your blog, they might consider it as a MFA (Made For Advertising) site. 

What kind of keywords and ads you are using to drive traffic to the site?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Nimesh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
There is the adsense + there are outside links on some pages http://www.feartherandom.com/category/tech-corner/

This may have your site being categorized as a bridge page or arbitrage. It is a really hard all though. I would suggest that you contact Google and ask for the specifics behind the disapproval. See the upper right corner of this page for the Contact AdWords button

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

I only noticed one thing on your site--a post that says the site was down April 19. Did you, by chance, create your account and campaign while the server was down? That would cause a suspension.

I didn't look much further than that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords