AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad copies are not showing in google to one of the keyword but competitor Ads are showing for the same keyword in same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, I am running Goolge Adwords for one of my client. Here the thing is Ad copies are not showing in google to one of my keyword but competitor Ads are showing for the same keyword in same location. For example, there is a keyword called 'Training institute in Hyderabad', To this my adcopies are not triggered in google but to the same keyword and in the same location my competitors ads got triggered. Please help me in this thing.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad copies are not showing in google to one of the keyword but competitor Ads are showing for the same keyword in same location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Omega,

They could have better ad copy, better website structure & relevancy to the subject, better quality score, more of a budget, automated bidding, different targeting methods, etc.. from what you have. Simply adding a keyword to your account does not mean it will show or show all that often. All of the factors I mention (and more) will truly determine if the keyword performs or not.

It also could something as simply as frequency capping set and you are not being shown the ad but others in the live SERPs (search engine results pages) are.

You should go to your AdWords account and look into things there, not in the search results. When you look for your ads in the SERPs, you cause harm to your account. If you search and see them and do nothing, you have lowered your quality score. If you search and see them and click through and close the page, you have used that cost and lowered the budget remaining for the day... and lowered your conversion rate and score.

Everything you need to know is in your AdWords account. Make sure the quality score column is used with your keywords dashboard. You can modify all sorts of info to show in the columns and CTR, estimated first page bid and quality score should be utilized, along with some others, too.

And you should dig deep into the dimensions tab. There is a drop down menu that many people overlook and do not realize the wealth of data (it's a goldmine!) setting in the dimensions tab.  

Along with all of this... the landing page for the ads could be constructed wrongly so as it does not have a strong relevancy to the topic. AdWords needs a quality landing page that is on point (high relevancy) to the ad and to the keyword. 

Let us know what you discover.

All the Best,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks James for sharing your valuable info, definitely it helps a lot to me. Here the thing is except this keyword called Ex: (training institute in hyderabad) every keyword in keyword tab is having 9/10 and 10/10 quality score, i mean i used 16 keywords for all quality score is too good i can say, but to this keyword it shows low search volume and ad doesn't triggered in google but competitors one did.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Omega c,

You need to change the keywords match type as using such a long tail keyword is expected to be a Low search volume keyword.

Try BMM keyword like +course +training +Hyderabad.

Your competitors might be using the same strategy.

Note: Maintain good QS and enough bids to get high ad rank.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’