Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad at the bottom of the page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there.

Please can anyone tell me why my Ad is listed on the first page, but at the bottom of the page.

Why is this?

Many thanks. Wayne.

Ad at bottom of page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there.

Please can anyone tell me why my Ad is listed on the first page, but at the bottom of the page.

Why is this?

Many thanks.

Wayne.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Most likely because your bid is too low compared to the competitors bidding on the same keywords as you (or a lower quality score). Check the Auctions Insights to see who else is bidding on your keywords and the Impression Share - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

There is an automatic bidding strategy that can target the top of the first page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268611?hl=en

Keep in mind that the automatic bid strategy can raise your CPCs and could cause you to run out of your budget faster. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Wayne John H

For a higher position on the first page you may need to increase your bid or improve your quality score. That works if it's the SERP we're used to with 3-4 ads at the top and more under the organic results.

But I've been seeing more and more SERPs with only 1-3 ads, all at the bottom of the page. So if that's what you're experiencing, unfortunately as far as I know there's no fireproof answer - it's just how Google determines the page will look. There was a post in the last month about maps pushing ads down so that there were fewer spots available. If this is the case, I would raise the bid or experiment with bid strategies like Target Search Page Location to set a first position bid

Best of luck!

Allie