AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Words Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have Google Adwords account. For the same email Id someone has shared read only access. How do I use shared account using the same credentials? If I try to access it says you already have an account and it doesn’t allow me to access the shared account.

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shubhangi S
September 2015

Re: Ad Words Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shubhangi,

You are only allowed to be attached to one adwords account per email address. There is no way around this. If you want to be able to edit 2 accounts you will need 2 emails.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow above, you need unique email address to gain access for AdWords. 

However, if you want to reuse an e-mail address for AdWords, Googler GDi has explained a trick in this post: 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shubhangi,

One thing to consider is to use an MCC (My Client Center).  A MCC is like a master AdWords Account, or umbrella Account, where multiple Accounts can fall under one log-in.  While it's true that there is 1:1 relationship between email addresses and AdWords Accounts, using a MCC you can have a unique email address for your MCC and then have multiple Accounts underneath it.

Create a MCC

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shubhangi,

You are only allowed to be attached to one adwords account per email address. There is no way around this. If you want to be able to edit 2 accounts you will need 2 emails.

Good Luck
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow above, you need unique email address to gain access for AdWords. 

However, if you want to reuse an e-mail address for AdWords, Googler GDi has explained a trick in this post: 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shubhangi,

One thing to consider is to use an MCC (My Client Center).  A MCC is like a master AdWords Account, or umbrella Account, where multiple Accounts can fall under one log-in.  While it's true that there is 1:1 relationship between email addresses and AdWords Accounts, using a MCC you can have a unique email address for your MCC and then have multiple Accounts underneath it.

Create a MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks all looks like my problem is solved.. thanks again