AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Status: Disapproved Ad Issue(s): Site Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi just setup Adwords but apparently im falling foul of the site policy. Emailed but Google being unhelpful and won't tell me the specific problem that I need to fix. Could someone take a look and tell me what they think?

http://www.tcnglasgow.com/

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Ad Status: Disapproved Ad Issue(s): Site Policy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello tcnglasgow; Welcome,

I have noticed two apparent violations:

• You are asking for user's email, while lacking privacy policy;
  • The major one, is that your site is affiliated with tradedoubler, and doesn't seem to include any added value. It appears that the site's principal goal is to generate leads through tradedoubler.com. This practice, of a Landing Page that is primarily intended to generate traffic to other sites, without added value,  is a violation of the Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey tcnglasgow,

The site seems fine to me - MAYBE they had a problem with the sub-title:

"any and all computing problems sorted!"

Because that's a promise you can't always guarantee....

I'd recommend you to contact Google by phone:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Cheers,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello tcnglasgow; Welcome,

I have noticed two apparent violations:

• You are asking for user's email, while lacking privacy policy;
  • The major one, is that your site is affiliated with tradedoubler, and doesn't seem to include any added value. It appears that the site's principal goal is to generate leads through tradedoubler.com. This practice, of a Landing Page that is primarily intended to generate traffic to other sites, without added value,  is a violation of the Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

The content to out bound link ratio seems low. Take those banners down, add more content, add an about us, site map and privacy policy page.

To the Google algorithms this page looks like a landing page or bridge page, that is thin ice to be on. When it comes to content it needs to be fresh and origional and it needs to be heavy...I would suggest 2000 words at a minimum. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok...Subheading changed, Tradedoubler gone and Privacy Policy in place. Thanks for the info, fingers crossed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey,

I agree with Asaf.

Other issue could be that ads policy may think the site was built for ads (not much text on landing page but 2 big banners).

Good luck!

Meet AdWords