AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rank

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just created the ad, assigned the bid recommended by the system but systems keeps saying I have the low ad Rank. Should I like an idiot keep on increasing it by one cent at a time to see when it starts triggering or Google can just say what bid should I assign without f... my brain?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Re: Ad Rank

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Viacheslav,

Hope you doing great! This is how the system works. This is auction-based advertising platform. According to current situations, demand, competitors bidding, seasonal effects, competition and may more reasons bid changes. To help us Advertisers Google has a tool called Google Keyword planner and also gives estimated first page and top page bid ideas. But these are estimates only. Not necessary the actual bid will be as per the estimation given by Google. Run campaign and according to stats you can always make changes as the system is very flexible.

You can use Automatic Bidding strategy to start with. So you will get the idea of bidding for your keywords. Again I am giving help center links to study: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470106?hl=en

If at all you are going to apply this bidding method, I would advise you to read the article in above link properly, understand, learn and then Apply! Trust me learning is very important as stated above. You can anytime switch campaign from Automatic bidding to Manual bidding.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Ad Rank Formula and CTR

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Edit: 

Ad Rank does not rely only on the bids.

But yes it is a factor that plays vital role for ad rank.

Ad Rank is calculated using your bid amount, the components of Quality Score (expected clickthrough rate, ad relevance, and landing page experience), and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats.

So bid is one of the factors for ad rank

As your ad rank is low, you need to work on the Quality score and ad extensions.

To boost your QS, you need to work on:

• expected clickthrough rate
  • ad relevance
  • Landing page experience

For your reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

For ad Extensions:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, but I don't really want to play this game. I have "Average" for any parameter and I don't want to do anything with my pages just because google don't like them enough.
I can do something when I know exactly what. What you are saying is try 10 different things and you may be lucky but may be not. But this is not what I want to pay for. I have transferred the money to goggle account and I want to get a service , not links to some articles.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Viacheslav L;

This is a peer to peer community; and @Archit, as an advertiser is trying to help. We are volunteers here... So please, respect other users who try to help.

As @Archit mentioned QS includes 2 components: the QS and the bid.  Either you improve the QS or increase the bid. Since QS is a complex issue, some prior learning is required before making  changes/ modifying a campaign.  Hence, @Archit provided the relevant links from the  help center. AdWords, in general, is a complex system which requires learning, that's the nature of the system...

@Archit; you have a typo in your first sentence. AdRank is affected  by the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@Viacheslav L, It is better to improve QS and pay low for a click rather than paying extra $ for a click which even you are not confirmed that it is going to be convert or not.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
All other replies are of course, correct.

But to put it bluntly (seems that is what you want) if you don't improve your quality score, you will pay more.

Lower quality ads/keywords cost more than those that are the most relevant/higher quality to people searching.

It's up to you if you want to spend time improving your quality score to try and bring your CPC's down. If not, yes you will just need to bid more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Abbie R
I am happy to pay more. What I can't accept is why Google can't just say how much? They suggest the bid rate that does not work. Is it not stupid thing from Google?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Viacheslav,

Hope you doing great! This is how the system works. This is auction-based advertising platform. According to current situations, demand, competitors bidding, seasonal effects, competition and may more reasons bid changes. To help us Advertisers Google has a tool called Google Keyword planner and also gives estimated first page and top page bid ideas. But these are estimates only. Not necessary the actual bid will be as per the estimation given by Google. Run campaign and according to stats you can always make changes as the system is very flexible.

You can use Automatic Bidding strategy to start with. So you will get the idea of bidding for your keywords. Again I am giving help center links to study: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470106?hl=en

If at all you are going to apply this bidding method, I would advise you to read the article in above link properly, understand, learn and then Apply! Trust me learning is very important as stated above. You can anytime switch campaign from Automatic bidding to Manual bidding.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have set Automatic Bidding. It is now 6 USD per click and it says the Ad rank is still low. It is not auction-based advertising platform.. It is just piece of crap.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good news. My add started showing, Auto bidding set the max CPC $45 ( forty five dollars) but they charged about $1 (one). It is really funny. If I manually set CPC like $2 the Ad stops showing. Very weird logic.