Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview and Diagnosis puzzle.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi nice people I wonder if you can shine some light on this issue:

When using ad preview diagnosis and set it for tablets or mobiles devices I get the message 'Your ads are set to be displayed only to users in the locations that you've chosen'  (eg. using the keyword [circus workshops]

The big red no appears below but on the preview window my ad is showing up!

Now if I add the word for any of the locations I am targeting to the search input plus the previous keyword, eg. [circus workshops Liverpool].  The big green yes show up and then again my ad appears.

What I imagine when you use locations is that when a user, located on one of your targeted area,s searches for one of your products, in this case 'circus workshops' I should show up outright without the need for the user to input his/her location, like in the second case 'circus workshops Liverpool'

I have attached some images so is clearer, does anybody has any idea of what is going on in here?  And if this has a detrimental effect on people finding my business?

Thank you for your patience!  

Angelo from MagicalCircus.co.uk  going DownHill since 2008!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DownHill
September 2015

Re: Ad Preview and Diagnosis puzzle.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This is just a software bug in the Ad Preview Tool. I too have seen it , here is the workflow :

1) Select a location in the AdPreview tool, that you know that you are targeting , let's say the entire country

2) Select the "Device" from the Ad Preview Tool" as Mobile OR Tablet

3) Type an exact match keyword that you have in your account, which you know that it should trigger your ad for sure and you get this message :

Showing ads right now?No

Your ad isn't eligible to appear due to your advanced location targeting options.

And if you look in the ad preview window, the paid Ad is there , because it was triggered.

This happens even if I select in the Ad Preview Tool every Location that I target in the campaign, city, region or Country.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

When you set up your Ad Diagnosis test, are you setting it to run as though you were actually located in your target geographic area?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa,  thanks for the reply.

Yes I have set location to our target geographic area.  I have run a few searches this morning and still happening.  So still confused.

Angelo

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DownHill
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This is just a software bug in the Ad Preview Tool. I too have seen it , here is the workflow :

1) Select a location in the AdPreview tool, that you know that you are targeting , let's say the entire country

2) Select the "Device" from the Ad Preview Tool" as Mobile OR Tablet

3) Type an exact match keyword that you have in your account, which you know that it should trigger your ad for sure and you get this message :

Showing ads right now?No

Your ad isn't eligible to appear due to your advanced location targeting options.

And if you look in the ad preview window, the paid Ad is there , because it was triggered.

This happens even if I select in the Ad Preview Tool every Location that I target in the campaign, city, region or Country.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Adrian,

Apologies for not replying earlier but I have been very busy optimizing!  Thanks for the answer, I am glad is a hitch in one way as it clears my doing.  Hopefully it gets fix as is annoying and worrying at the same time when see your ads are not showing even though the ads are sucking money of it

Thanks again, Angelo/