Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Extensions Changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I created my ad yesterday, and it was approved pretty quickly.  I added Ad Extensions (call-out, phone# and some site-links), but in checking in the Preview & Diagnostic tool, none of those are showing and instead, it shows my mailbox address, with the below message:

adwords-ad-extension.jpg

There is no mention at all of the call-out or site links that were supposed to be there.

Our company provides a specialized service that covers 3 large counties in California and having my mailbox address on there can be counter-productive and misleading, as potential clients will generally look for someone local.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Extensions Changed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rod V,

It sounds like you have dynamic site links turned on for your campaign, which are automated. 

To disable an automated extension: 

1. Sign into your AdWords account.
  2. Click the Ad extensions tab.
  3. Click the “View” dropdown and select Automated extensions report. 
  4. Click Automated extension options (advanced).
  5. Click Edit next to “Show all automated extensions for this account”.
  6. Click Exclude specific automated extensions for this account
  7. Check the box next to the automated extension you’d like to disable. 
  8. Click Save.

Note: Disabling an automated extension will stop it from showing with any ads in this account.

Further, you should check and see what address is shown/being used with your location extension. There are several extensions in a drop down menu under the ad extensions tab. Your location extension will pull the address used on your Google G+ business page, once it is linked. 

Kind Regards,

James

Ad Extensions Changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.  I followed your instructions, but there were no automated extensions.

I went back and checked through the Ad Extensions, and found a local extension there, which I removed.  Not sure how that appeared there, as I deliberately didn't set that up.

Anyway, hopefully it's sorted now and my assigned extensions will display instead.

Appreciate the help.

Ad Extensions Changed

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

could you add location links if you want your ads to be shown locally?

regards,

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program