Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Customizers in Sitelinks and Callouts

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I cannot find information if Ad Customizers are supported for extensions. I add {=name.column} to my sitelink and all I get in return is a disapproval for symbols.

If this is not supported, then how would you go about targeting site link text based on 'Target Location'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter V
April 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great question. And as you have figured out, ad customizers are not possible in sitelink extensions.

If you need sitelinks to target specific locations you will have to set it up at the campaign level. You can set up sitelinks at the ad group level, however, location settings are at the campaign level so that would make most sense.

Hope this helped some.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter V
April 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great question. And as you have figured out, ad customizers are not possible in sitelink extensions.

If you need sitelinks to target specific locations you will have to set it up at the campaign level. You can set up sitelinks at the ad group level, however, location settings are at the campaign level so that would make most sense.

Hope this helped some.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sure that answers the question.

Will it ever be supported?

I mean it would be of enourmous value for example in price extensions to link to a dynamic price from your business data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any further developments in this topic?

It would be really great if could have Ad Customizers in Sitelinks and Price Extensions.