AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accout Structure

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Guys, I just have a concern about structure a new account, Now if I have categorize in my website for ( Movies, Series, TV Program) is it good to build up one campaign and create a specific adgroup for each category , or it's better to target each category in a seprate campaign?

Re: Accout Structure

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Mahmoud-Magdy

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Here is a great article giving advice aboout creating a good campaign structure-

Organising campaigns and ads in your account

If you create separate campaigns for movies, you can create ad groups for the different movie themes such as action or comedy etc. Then you can choose a nice relevant set of keywords for the ads. If you follow this with each of your campaigns, you can create ad groups around the specific themes as stated in the article above.

Kind regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Mahmoud,

The most inportant thing to do is create different Ad Group for each of these categories. Generally speaking you would only need create a new campaign for them if you want them to use a different budget, geo area or ad schedule. One more reason you would seperate them into campagins is if you want to make sure each category gets a fair share of click. For example if you have your categories all in one campaign Movies may spend 60% of yoru budget while the other two only get 20%.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi JeremyL,

Thanks for your informative response,

So could please explain for me the reason of why one category might spend more the other one if I choose to rotate my ads gradually?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Basically if one category has more searches, that category will most likely spend more then the other(e.g. Movies gets 30,000 searches and series only gets 11,000 searches, movies will use more of your budget). The rotate ads gradually option only affect if you do multiple ads per ad group. It doesn't affect ads across multiple ad groups.