AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended :(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am still fairly new to Adwords.  I'm a beginner in the internet Marketing rhelm and my account was recently suspended due to my link forwarding "clickers" to my site witch forwarded them to the affiliate site I was an affiliate for.  Does anyone know if there is anyway Google will unsuspend my account?  It was a learning process and I think I figured out how to avoid that from happening again by having a landing page.  If anyone has any recommendations on how to get my account reactivated, please let me know. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Account suspended :(

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google won't openly come out and say it but they hate affiliates even though affiliate marketers were the ones that built the Adwords foundation.

It's too bad your account was suspended as a beginner just starting out trying to learn.

Google won't openly come out and say this but they only care about how much money you can spend with them.  Advertisers with large budgets take priority over smaller advertisers like yourself.  From Adwords standpoint, when there's so much demand for website traffic, it doesn't make sense for them to risk the integrity of their system by associating with affiliate marketers that have consistently used potentially deceptive marketing tactics for their own personal gain.  It all comes down to user experience for Google.  They don't want the people clicking ads going through redirects to offer pages that could lead them to have a ***poor user experience*** (Google's favorite phrase).  Unfortunately, deceptive affiliates before you have ruined it for everybody else.

It's too much risk vs reward.

Agencies, large corporations and real verifiable businesses get preferential treatment.

Adwords only wants real legitimate businesses using Adwords and that's the silent rule of thumb.

What can you do at this point?  Well, your credit card you used won't be able to open and Adwords account ever again.  You cannot have another Adwords account in your name.

This is why it's so important for beginners to do their due diligence and go through the Adwords Training and read ALL THE RULES before even considering creating your first campaign.  I know this doesn't help you at this point but it might help those that come across this thread.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google won't openly come out and say it but they hate affiliates even though affiliate marketers were the ones that built the Adwords foundation.

It's too bad your account was suspended as a beginner just starting out trying to learn.

Google won't openly come out and say this but they only care about how much money you can spend with them.  Advertisers with large budgets take priority over smaller advertisers like yourself.  From Adwords standpoint, when there's so much demand for website traffic, it doesn't make sense for them to risk the integrity of their system by associating with affiliate marketers that have consistently used potentially deceptive marketing tactics for their own personal gain.  It all comes down to user experience for Google.  They don't want the people clicking ads going through redirects to offer pages that could lead them to have a ***poor user experience*** (Google's favorite phrase).  Unfortunately, deceptive affiliates before you have ruined it for everybody else.

It's too much risk vs reward.

Agencies, large corporations and real verifiable businesses get preferential treatment.

Adwords only wants real legitimate businesses using Adwords and that's the silent rule of thumb.

What can you do at this point?  Well, your credit card you used won't be able to open and Adwords account ever again.  You cannot have another Adwords account in your name.

This is why it's so important for beginners to do their due diligence and go through the Adwords Training and read ALL THE RULES before even considering creating your first campaign.  I know this doesn't help you at this point but it might help those that come across this thread.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the info jaradcollier

sounds like youve had some experience.  Have you tried internet marketing yourself?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an Adwords Qualified Individual as well as a 'Microsoft Advertising Accredited Professional' (big deal *sarcasm*) and have been for a few years.  I work for a major agency but before that I was a beginning affiliate marketer.  I don't have first-hand experience of getting banned since I've educated myself about every rule and policy before-hand.

I've seen and heard clients and individuals get banned.  My advice for affiliate marketers trying to make money with PPC would be to do it anywhere else but Adwords.  All it takes is one time for you to violate the rules/policies and your account is banned.  Why they banned you or whether or not it was fair is irrelevant - banned is banned.

Adwords has really strict rules about bridge pages:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thats very true and unfortunate.  I know I wasnt a BIG contributer to their bank acct, but for just starting out, I was spending close to $100/ day.  I was starting to realize, the more money you spent, the more you sold.  Similar to day trading lol...  Risky, but very rewarding if tuned in correctly.  Do you have any experience with building webpages??  Specifically pages with a social networking framework?  I definately need some help.  I'm currently paying for hosting through GoDaddy right now, thinking I'd be able to figure out how to do everything out on my own, and its basically a waste of money at this point.  There's wayy to much to learn and if I can get someone with more knowledge that might want to be a part of the empire I've envisioned, then it'd get things up and running MUCH FASTER; which in turn would capitalize on faster and higher profite, as the social networking niche is growing faster than the weeds in the rainforest...  I have more ideas and plans that I want to do, its hard to focus on just one of them at a time which is what I have to do to get going.  It sounds like your experienced and have some knowledge on your belt.  Thats what I'm looking for.  Someone who knows all the "black & white" to avoid any issues down the road like I've experienced before even entering the front door.  Thats where Henry Ford comes into play as genius, by going against the grain and enforcing mere common sense, by having many people do a single big job by seperating it into many small jobs....  Pure genius but simply common sense when you break it down.  Its a biological imitation of everything that exists, or seems to exist that is, seeming that everything is mostly made up of empty space down at the molecular levels...  Oops, I thought I was on my future blog the way I was going on and on...  PM me, Jarad, with your email address or cell number if you wanna talk about any type of assistance/ business partnership. 

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I have seen many cases that legitimate advertisers made honest mistakes, that resulted in accounts suspension.

Unfortunately, as of yet, Google hasn't set an appeal procedure, that will allow advertisers, that made honest mistakes, to return and advertise. One can think of many ways it can be done: I suggested, that a "banned advertiser" would be allowed to be back, under supervision of an AdWords certified company, that will oversee that the advertiser follows AdWords Policy. (Some similarity to a return of a convicted person to the community, under supervision of probation officer.)

Google hasn't set such a mechanism yet, and, sadly, suspension is "for life"...Smiley Sad

In engineering, we have a saying that summarize it all: "First, read the manual".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Haha I dont like reading the manual, it takes too long.  I like trying things first then reading if i cant figure them out.  but i guess in this type of situation yeah you should have read the policies first man...  Google should have an appeal process.  make one dumb mistake and your fired???  I wonder wonder its like to work there.  I heard it was cool, but this makes me think diff