star_border

Account restructure via Adwords, keywords pending review

Jez
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Jez
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I've used Adwords Editor to restructure an existing account by creating new, more meaningful campaigns, and copying performing adgroups into those new campaigns. I intend to pause and eventually delete the existing campaigns when I migrate my changes to Adwords.

Before I migrate though, I can see that all of my keywords are pending review - I'm assuming this is because Adwords Editor sees them as new keywords, even though they've been copied over from existing campaigns within the same account?

If this is the case, how long does it take, assuming all is well, for these new keywords to be approved/eligible?

Cheers, Jez

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jez
September 2015

Re: Account restructure via Adwords, keywords pending review

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

By migrate do you mean post changes? Or did you already post a draft campaign? Until you post your changes, every KW (and ad) will say pending review. You could pause everything new, and then post it. Ads for sure can be reviewed when paused, and if you don't want any interuptions in ad serving, I would say leave the new campaigns paused until you know the ads are approved, but you will definitely have to post your changes for the review process to begin.

Tom

Jez
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Jez
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

Yes, I meant post changes - i was just concerned about the Adwords going offline while everything was being reviewed, but it sounds like there's no way around that, other than pause the new campaigns and keep the old campains enabled until at least the ads are approved. Hopefully then the new keywords won't take too long to be approved.

Cheers, Jez

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

The huge advantage of paused ads being reviewed, applies most to advertisiers in your situation. Definitely take advantage of the option. Smiley Happy

In my experience, it's not the keywords that take time to approve, it's the ads. Usually, unless there are any policy violations regarding content of the KW's used, they are approved immediately (if there were no issue's with Kw's before, I wouldn't worry about it). You get a lot more lee-way with KW's than you do with ads. As soon as you know the ads are approved, you should be good to go with your new campaigns.

Tom