3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Account "under review" for 9 days...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I set up an account for a client in my own MCC, ads running well, couple of disapprovals along the way but all going along nicely. Daily spend increasing, all good. Quality scores are all 5-10, all display and text ads are approved. Everything running on search and display for around 3-4 weeks, no hitches.

Suddenly 9 days ago with no warning, all keywords and ads have the 'not running contact us for support' message. No emails, no communication whatsoever. Client not happy, thinks its something I did. Client has repeatedly phoned support, I have also phoned and regularly emailed. On the phone we get 'it'll all be fine in 36 hours' (9 days worth of the 36 hour story gets old fast), via email we get nothing other than an autoresponder saying 'sorry, it'll all be fine soon!'. No human every replies to the contact us emails.

We are mystified about the whole thing. No reason for the review has ever been given, and nothing seems to be happening. We have money to spend, and seem to have to deal with customer 'service' that is nonexistent-bad, with no communication and no resolution. We are not breaking any terms, the ads, landing page and product is within terms, legitimate etc. Nothing shady or ban-worthy.

Meanwhile, I get to sit on my thumb and watch cloaked ads running along happily on the search/display traffic we're trying to buy legitimately but can't because we're "under review" for some unknown reason.

Is the account basically dead and they just hope we go away? Or do we just wait it out? Seems a ridiculous situation. Is there anyone we can speak to [other than the seemingly powerless call center staff]? Do we delete that adwords account and just open another one? Is there anyone that can illicit a response or some actual help from Google?

</rant>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Account "under review" for 9 days...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Edward,

I would encourage you to get in touch via phone or chat with us when you can. For an account that is under review this is the best medium for us to support you on.

Reference the fact that you have been in touch before but 10 days have passed and the status is the same.

For this kind of issue, we need to discuss account specifics so it would be best if you utilized our other contact facilities: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206&ctx=go&&contactus=1

I hope this helps,

LynnyRose

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Edward_b,

I want to suggest you that just fill the form given below and put a snap shop there in form... i'll assure you that u'll get feedback from google. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=site_policy or form.

Hope this helps !!

Regards

-Vicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vicky, thankyou for taking the time to reply and trying to help.

That form seems to be for when you have sites/ads etc actually disapproved - we have not - all the ads are still approved, the url is not blocked, all the keywords are still approved and show QS between 5-10. I've submitted the form anyway just to see if anything actually happens (thanks for the link). The account is in a perfect state to run...it is just stuck in overall account "review". Nothing is suspended, blocked, disapproved. Everything is normal/perfect except the account is being "reviewed".

We do not know why, and are consistently told this mystical review will be completed within "36 hours" and that its been "expedited". Emails and support/contact us forms are not replied to other than by autoresponder, and phone support seem powerless to do anything. We are now entering the 10th day of waiting, and still no communication from Google.

That whole account while nothing is actually disapproved, just seems stuck in a state of suspended animation and we cannot get answers/help from Google. Hence in frustration, posting here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Edward,

I would encourage you to get in touch via phone or chat with us when you can. For an account that is under review this is the best medium for us to support you on.

Reference the fact that you have been in touch before but 10 days have passed and the status is the same.

For this kind of issue, we need to discuss account specifics so it would be best if you utilized our other contact facilities: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206&ctx=go&&contactus=1

I hope this helps,

LynnyRose