Guide Me
star_border

Account connections

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was looking for similar question as mine, but there is just too many topics, so apologies if I overlooked.

So the question is, how can I on my main account have my own campaigns and also manage others campaigns on different accounts that are linked via invitations? I mean, is that even possible?

Problem is, on this account (let's say it A and it had Croatian Kuna as currency) I accepted invitation from other account (B that have Swiss Franc as currency) and when I log in, I can see campaigns from B account, but when I want to create my own campaign, only option for budget are Swiss Franc.

Also, do I need to create MCC and than connect both accounts to MCC or?

Sorry for my broken English and thank you in advance for answers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stjepan F
September 2015

Re: Account connections

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Stjepan,

Welcome to the Community!

This is an ideal situation to create an MCC account, both from a policy and account management perspective. By creating an MCC, you can manage your own campaigns in one child account and your clients' in other. It would be easy to manage, specially when there are multiple currencies involved.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stjepan F
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Stjepan,

Welcome to the Community!

This is an ideal situation to create an MCC account, both from a policy and account management perspective. By creating an MCC, you can manage your own campaigns in one child account and your clients' in other. It would be easy to manage, specially when there are multiple currencies involved.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Stjepan F,

If you're trying to managing multiple accounts from one place, then MCC account is the best option. You are setting currency on account level while creating account and this setting cannot be changed in any campaign.

You can only have one email/currency/time zone per one Adwords account.
If you create MCC account you can add those accounts to your MCC account and manage them more easily.

Creating your own MCC account:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Best regards,

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx for answering.

Also, just to be sure, on MCC sign-up page there are two options:

To manage my accounts.
To manage other people's accounts.

Which one should I choose as from my perspective I would do both? Or should I remove permission on B account for A account access and than add B account in MCC?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I'd select 'Manage other people's accounts ' and link accounts A & B to the MCC.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. But now I have one more question.

On support page says I need customer ID of B account to link with MCC and than I can manage it and than I can remove A from B so A can be independent account for my original planed campaigns?

Also can i see customer ID of B account from A, as manager of B is currently unreachable?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Yes, you'd require customer IDs of both the accounts and also admin access to link them. But I don't understand it when you say remove A from B. These are two separate accounts and hence would have two separate IDs. There should one log in email for each of these accounts. Do you have access to both?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I don't have access to both, only to A as that is my account for AdWords.

Let me rephrase the question. In newly create MCC account (now i cannot create MCC for A or this account as it says: This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused) when i link both A and B - I can create new campaigns for both on their own level?

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

There are two things here. Firstly, you'll have to use a new email address (that doesn't have access to any AdWords account) to create an MCC. Secondly, you'll have to link the two accounts to the MCC. Steps here. Once this is done, you'll be able to create campaigns in those accounts individually. However, you'll require admin access to account B, or request the user with admin access to accept the MCC invite.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for answer. I will try contact owner of B account to send me Customer ID and to accept MCC invitation.