AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Account ads not showing despite everything being in order?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set a budget, a high enough CPC, ad approved, relevant keywords

Everything shows as "green light" and "approved" and ads should be running

However, when I go check the ads, I am told that ads are NOT showing, but no reason is given

Could you please help me out?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Account ads not showing despite everything being in order?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Mrsmith,

In addition to Martin helpful advice, some of the other reasons can be:

• You set low daily budget for campaign, in this case Google will show your ads less frequently. In order to get the idea what should be daily budget for campaign, go to campaign setting then at  Bidding and budget, click on edit next to budget and then click on View recommended budget and set the budget.
  • Other reason can be location targeting, if you set different location for your campaign you can't see your ad at your desktop
  • Check the keywords status, for this click on Keywords tab and then put your mouse cursor next to keywords at Status column now you can read the current status of your keywords.
  • I'll suggest you to use the ad preview and diagnosis tool to find out the reason why your ad is not showing.

Kindly read the why i can't see my ads to know all possible reasons.

Regards,

Dinesh

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Some ideas:

• Did you specify the payment information?
  • Are your network settings correct? For example, search ads won't show up if you selected distribution via display network only.
  • Have you checked the search volume for your keywords? If it is too low they maybe won't show up.

Martin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Mrsmith,

In addition to Martin helpful advice, some of the other reasons can be:

• You set low daily budget for campaign, in this case Google will show your ads less frequently. In order to get the idea what should be daily budget for campaign, go to campaign setting then at  Bidding and budget, click on edit next to budget and then click on View recommended budget and set the budget.
  • Other reason can be location targeting, if you set different location for your campaign you can't see your ad at your desktop
  • Check the keywords status, for this click on Keywords tab and then put your mouse cursor next to keywords at Status column now you can read the current status of your keywords.
  • I'll suggest you to use the ad preview and diagnosis tool to find out the reason why your ad is not showing.

Kindly read the why i can't see my ads to know all possible reasons.

Regards,

Dinesh

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, if my understanding about Ad Campaigns is correct, some searches won't reveal your ads if there is a lot of competition. Just keep an eye out for them. If they never appear, then something may be wrong.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've done all of the above (all the suggestions), basically ads should be showing but I don't know why, they just don't

When checking with the preview tool it just says that ads are "Eligible" but that they are "not showing"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Mr Smith you already got a lot of great advice - just wanted to confirm that your ads are 'approved.  Visit the Ads tab and see the Status Column.

Also try the preview tool from your account - when logged into your adwords account go to the Tools & Analysis > Ad Preview and Diagnosis. Run the tool on some of your keywords and see if you get more diagnostic messaging from this tool. 

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

We are posting at the same time Woman Wink Glad to see you used the Ad Preview tool.  

How old is the account?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Indeed, one Kim seems to be faster than the other Smiley Wink.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so I went to the ad tab, status shows "Approved"

When using the ad preview tool and entering one of my keywords, I only get:

The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger any of your ads.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Mr. Smith,

Do this:

Go to your KEYWORDS tab and then to the Columns button and enable the following metrics to show in your AdWords User Interface...

Quality Score

First Page Bid Estimate

Top of Page Bid Estimate

How is your quality score?

Are your bids adequate to meet the first page bid estimates?

There is likely no data yet for top of page bid estimates yet but on the off chance there is data where are those TPBE's in comparison to your current bids?