4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended Due to Links to Amazon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm told that I have to remove all links to Amazon.com from my blog. This is just unreal. I have a self improvement blog currently with 34 posts that are helpful to the reader. One is a book recommendation. I have links on the sidebar to other useful books. The blog is themed to provide help in life and love and has all top quality orginal content based on that. 

No where on my website is there a "hard" redirect to Amazon.com. I can understand if the Google ad directs the searcher to a landing page that's loaded with amazon links and products but that is not the case with my website. I would like to know if others experienced the same issue. I'm so aggrevated right now!

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Account Suspended Due to Links to Amazon

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Chances are Pankaj is correct and you have too many ads on your blog. Whether they are linked to Amazon or to other online merchants seems irrelevant. The point is you should provide more original content and less ads.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi IceCreamTruck,

I think that you do provide content. If its original or not is out of my scope cause I didnt run any copy check on the content itself.

However you nearly do have a 1:1 ratio of affiliated links to non-affiliated links (outbound and internal).

This is indeed a bit much.  I would aim for a 1:10 ratio (Personal number not official)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well, IceCreamTruck, from what I see all the links are spiced up with an affiliate tag, and the only logical reason for you to spend money on incoming traffic for this blog seems to be the attempt to make more from ads + amazon commissions than you spend on AdWords. In your case, that website looks as a bridge page to me as well.

If making money from amazon commissions is not the focus, you can easily strip all links on the right sidebar and replace them with a line at the end of each post, saying "If you're interested, you can buy this book from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and also other websites". Without linking straight to them, and without including your affiliate tag. Then you'd no longer be considered a bridge page. You'd probably also avoid being considered a bridge page if you'd give people more choices for buying the book, not just amazon.

Sorry, but these are the current policies, and affiliates and AdWords are a notoriusly explosive cocktail.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello IceCreamTruck,

Without looking at the blog, it would be little hard to comment but as you said, it looks like your blog contains external links and due to the bridge policy, your account would have been suspended. As per the policy page, you will have to make the desired changes to be in compliance and then ask for a review again.

I am afraid but It would be little hard to say anything else, but to get the opinion of the Adwords support would be an ideal way this time.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Chances are Pankaj is correct and you have too many ads on your blog. Whether they are linked to Amazon or to other online merchants seems irrelevant. The point is you should provide more original content and less ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for providing the bridge policy. The website is getsteady.com. In my mind I don't have any pages on my website that were "created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site."

All the written content is unique. I feel that I do not have "minimal" content as new content is being added on a steady basis.

The few links I do have do not link to  non-compliant content or a questionable product. They add to the value of the site by offerering related products to the content that I provide.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

I can't link to any book on Amazon?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi IceCreamTruck,

I think that you do provide content. If its original or not is out of my scope cause I didnt run any copy check on the content itself.

However you nearly do have a 1:1 ratio of affiliated links to non-affiliated links (outbound and internal).

This is indeed a bit much.  I would aim for a 1:10 ratio (Personal number not official)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will reduce the amount of links and see what they see. I feel it would not be right for Google to say you can't link to Amazon at all. I understand their concern about directing clicks to a website that's just promoting stuff. That is not the case with my website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Please know that, we do allow bridging, but somehow the whole purpose of your site is to direct users to Amazon. I suggest you add more merchants to your site so that users have the choice of buying the books from whichever merchant they want. This brings variety to your site."

I just don't get it. I already removed links to Clickbank. I have too many links to Amazon but I should add links to other merchants. I link to Amazon because that's a trusted merchant.

I'm insulted being told the purpose of my website is to direct users to Amazon!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well, IceCreamTruck, from what I see all the links are spiced up with an affiliate tag, and the only logical reason for you to spend money on incoming traffic for this blog seems to be the attempt to make more from ads + amazon commissions than you spend on AdWords. In your case, that website looks as a bridge page to me as well.

If making money from amazon commissions is not the focus, you can easily strip all links on the right sidebar and replace them with a line at the end of each post, saying "If you're interested, you can buy this book from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and also other websites". Without linking straight to them, and without including your affiliate tag. Then you'd no longer be considered a bridge page. You'd probably also avoid being considered a bridge page if you'd give people more choices for buying the book, not just amazon.

Sorry, but these are the current policies, and affiliates and AdWords are a notoriusly explosive cocktail.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.