4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accessing mutliple accounts with one login

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an adwords account associated with my gmail (which I don't use). 

I'm going to help a friend manage their account, and they've added my gmail address as an administrator on their account. When I log into adwords using my gmail, I don't see my friends account anywhere, just my unused account. How do I access this other account?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accessing mutliple accounts with one login

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello xenophone; welcome;

You need to use a different ( a new?) Gmail account to access your fiend's account. Your Gmail is linked ONLY to your own AdWords account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe. Is it possible to cancel the account I had before, so that I can use my gmail to access this other account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No;

The AdWords account , in technical terms, is never closed. It could be reactivated again.

So, practically, you cannot use a Gmail account being used or was used to access another AdWords account. Open a new Gmail / Google account . (They can be linked using multiple sign-in).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Xenophone,

Technically, you can assign a new admin email address to your existing account and release your existing email address for use on another account.

Perhaps this post will help?

EDIT:  You know, if you plan to work in multiple accounts moving forward, you could set up an MCC account too

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’