2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accessing an Adwords account that I have been given permission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been given view only access to a clients' AdWords account and received this email.  I would like to use my Gmail account that I use for all my other AdWords accounts, but when I try to accept this invitation I choose I have an email address and I would like to use my existing Google Account to access this new AdWords account, but when I type in my password is says:   The Google Account ymlawson@gmail.com already has access to an AdWords account (Customer ID: ).  WHY do I need to use a different email address specifically for this account?

Once you complete the process, arnold@newlookinstitute.com will be able to confirm your acceptance and grant you access to the AdWords account. This invitation expires on Jun 5, 2013.

To accept your invitation, visit
https://adwords.google.com/um/StartAcceptInvite?itk=FFcJFT8BAAA.2D2OugN56Onaq29vtO6kqLE-pi368DM2YvBW...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accessing an Adwords account that I have been given permission

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yvette,

You can't use the same email address to access more than one account. If you have a need to do this often, you might want to look into establishing an MCC account. That will allow you to manage multiple accounts with a single login.

Otherwise, you will need to use a different email address for the new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords