Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accessing adwords editor from 2 different computers

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a draft campaign at home and saved it. Logged in at office but cannot see draft campaign. Changed draft campaign to a paused campaign on home computer. Paused campaign still not visible when logged in on office computer. Why not?  I am logging in with the same credentials on both computers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accessing adwords editor from 2 different computers

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Did you make sure to download recent changes - all campaigns, or campaigns I select, then select that campaign -  from the office computer? 

Ah, I see.... Paused does not mean posted, then paused, or paused then posted. That's what I get for assuming...

Tom

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Unposted new campaigns (whether Draft or Paused or otherwise) only exist on the computer they were created on, up until such time when you actually upload them to the server. Only then do they become visible in the web interface, and available for download from the server.

You can transfer unposted changes between computers by exporting them to a file on one of them, and importing on the other.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi michelek,

Any unposted changes you make on editor are stored locally on your pc so you wouldn't see them in your office if you made the changes at home (without posting).

You can change the status of the campaign from draft to paused, but unless you post it, you wouldn't see it at your office either.

What you could do is export the individual campaign as a csv, email it to yourself and then import this file into your office editor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

I strongly suggest using AEA or AES file format for transferring AdWords account data between two copies of Editor. These formats accurately represent every setting and option supported by Editor. CSV format is limited: for example, it only stores a few basic campaign settings, out of a couple dozen Editor supports.

CSV format is useful when you want to manipulate data in Excel or similar, or integrate with third-party tools.