Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accessing a Shared Account Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Teams,

I was recently invited to an existing Adwords account (info.companyname@gmail.com). I received the invitation link and chose the option "I do not have an Adwords account" although i do have an existing personal Gmail account.

I created a new account justin@companyname.com. However, when i attempt to log into my new account, i am asked to create an email account instead, with an error message that reads "The email address justin@companyname.com is already registered to an adwords account".

I've read that i was meant to click on the "I already have an Adwords account" in my invitation email instead of selecting no. If so, how do i go back and rectify this? I would like to keep my email justin@companyname.com address.

In my attempts to rectify problem, i have ended up with 4 Adwords accounts! Smiley Frustrated

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Accessing a Shared Account Problem

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Justin,

I think the email account on which you are trying to get access is already having an Adwords account. And an email can only have one Adword account not more than that.

If you want to get access to an adwords account than first create an MCC account using a unique email address which don’t have access to any Adwords account. And then you can easily link up to multiple accounts.

You can sign up for MCC account here: http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Nouman

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

This problem has been discussed here and solved. This may help you to understand this

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Do-I-need-a-new-gmail-account-for...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

Thanks for the link.

I managed to create an new account with a new Google account, however, my account is not linked to the ID that sent me the invite.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For example, i create an Adwords account.

However when i log into Adwords, i am prompted to create an account again?

I get the following message:

"This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused."
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Justin,

I think the email account on which you are trying to get access is already having an Adwords account. And an email can only have one Adword account not more than that.

If you want to get access to an adwords account than first create an MCC account using a unique email address which don’t have access to any Adwords account. And then you can easily link up to multiple accounts.

You can sign up for MCC account here: http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nouman,

Thanks for that easy to understand post.

When i visited the page you linked, and chose to use an existing email account that is already setup with Google Services, i enter in the email address and password i originally created to link with an Adword account.

This is the error message i get:

The Google Account justin.companyname@gmail.com already has access to an AdWords account linked to an MCC (Customer ID: 889-xxx-xxxx).

The customer ID in the error message is the ID of the main Adwords account i am trying to link to. My understanding of the error message is that justin.companyname@gmail.com is already an MCC client?

So why does it ask me to create a new account when i log in as justin.companyname@gmail.com? Hope it makes sense.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Justin,

You get this error msg because you already have an adwords account associate with your email justin.companyname@gmail.com

You have to create a new email address to create an MCC account. Or if you want to use your current email to sign up for MCC account than you can do a trick described here. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Can-I-create-MCC-account-with-ema...

Cheers,
Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nouman,

Just to try out all avenues, i chose the option "I do not use any services" and proceeded to create a new account called justin.companyname2@gmail.com

It let me through to Google Adwords, as it already did with a previous email attempt. The question is how do i link my working Adword accounts to customer ID 889? Does another invitation have to be sent out?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Justin,

If MCC account is created than to link an adwords account you need to send that account an invitation. You will see the option of "Link existing accounts" click it, once proceeded enter the customer id of the Adwords account you want to link to and then send invitation.

Check it out for more information: https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/7732?hl=en-GB

Thanks,
Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nouman,

Thank you for your help. You have been very helpful.

I will have to wait until the administrator of the account returns next week before i can try.

Regards.