1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Access to AdWords in China

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am visiting Guangzhou, China during the holidays and I was curious if anyone has ever tried to access their Google accounts from there? I know they block a lot of western sites and have had a strange relationship with Google in the past but unsure if things have changed. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
June

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I was able to setup a VPN and access it that way. I didn't try without the VPN.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex L,

Curious about the question you posted, I found a help page for you where you can ask for information about your query.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=zh-Hans

"Call 400-810-0838 (mobile) or 800-990-9020 (landline) to communicate with the Google ads team. Our hours are:

Monday to Thursday from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (Beijing time); Friday 9:30 am - 4:00 pm (Beijing time)."

The page is in Chinese but you can switch to English at the bottom. The fact that AdWords has a contact phone number in China makes me think you'll be able to access your account from there.

My 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Thanks for the info @Lakatos! I called the 800 number and it's disconnected. I also looked up the Google China My Business and it has a "Do you own this business" prompt haha. 

Our Google rep said you can access all products anywhere in the world and then I sent her a list of banned websites in China and her response was "I guess I learned something new today!" 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

AdWords in Chinese operates from Hong Kong.

Try to post on AdWords Chinese help forum.

https://www.zh.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords%E5%BB%A3%E5%91%8A/ct-p/AdWords

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Access to AdWords in China

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Alex L

Alex L wrote:

I am visiting Guangzhou, China during the holidays and I was curious if anyone has ever tried to access their Google accounts from there? I know they block a lot of western sites and have had a strange relationship with Google in the past but unsure if things have changed. 

. How did you go? I want to book a working holiday in China next year but want to make sure I can access my clients campaigns during that time. Did you have any issues? 

N/A
# 7
N/A

me too ! In china ,but i am chinese.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
June

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I was able to setup a VPN and access it that way. I didn't try without the VPN.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Thanks, @Alex L .... much appreciated .... rocking community spirit .... Smiley Happy

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Melanie,

I am in Guangzhou,China.

We need to login google adwords via VPN.

If you need any help,when you come to guangzhou,you can drop me a line.

I am in Baiyun District,Guangzhou.

We are an online marketing service provider in Guangzhou,focuses on Google Adwords Marketing.