AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Access Type: User interface and API....Help Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

This may be a newbie question but I have looked online and I cant find the answer.  Someone has requested to gain access to my adwords account with a access type: User interface and API.  I am willing to give him access but im not sure what personal items will be visible to him such as my billing.  I dont want my billing information to be visible to him.  Is it or is it not visible?  If it is can I remove it so that he wont be able to see it?  If so please tell me how or how can I give him access so he is not capable of seeing that information. 

Thank you

P.S.  Post the link of this information in the feed if you have it.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access Type: User interface and API....Help Please

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kotopoulo,

Welcome to the community.

I can't find a link with the information but granting User Interface and API access allows the individual to see the last four digits of any card associated with the account (for example ...1234) along with the billing address of that card. They also have the ability to make AdWords payments on your behalf using this billing information linked to the account.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to change it so that they are not able to?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello ;

To follow with Scott ; I think that in all access levels available, except e-mail access, the one granted the access, will be able to browse the billing details and billing info. (Changing them ----> from "standard access")

Read More:

Share and manage levels of account access

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So if I accept them I can change their access level?  And so I am not mistaken the standard access will not show the billing info?

Thank You

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I don't use standard access; but to my recollection in standard access the billing info can be accessed / viewed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The main goal is to give him access with api but not have the billing visible.  What access can that be done with?  Also when granted access can I changes his access type?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

The link I provided in my first answer, compares between permissions under each level.