AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Access Levels

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to terminate an access of the person, whos access level was set to standard, but under the actions' settings there is no such button as "terminate", only "notification settings".

So, I changed the access level to read-only, and "actions" button dissapears at all.

How can I delete a user permanently?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kristina S
September 2015

Re: Access Levels

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I know what is going on, you have access from the MCC interface to that account, this is why you are not presented with the option to terminate access for user.

In this case you need to create an email and get that email invited to be an administrator to that account. From that email you will be able to disconnect users from that account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Kristina,

To follow with Rakesh here, you don't have the administrative access, that's the reason why you are unable to terminate access for that user.

The other possbility as per my understanding is that you are linked to this account as a client manager. So you must be using a MCC account to gain access to your client accounts. If that's the case, you can only change the access level from standard to read only and can see the notification settings which you already did, but cannot terminate the access like this:-

MCC.png

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kristina,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy

It seems you do not have Administrative access of the account.

If you want to terminate any access, you can only do it through Administrative access.

Please read more about account access here:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, I can grant an administrative access, but i do not have it myself?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

How can Kristina have "changed the access level to read-only" to the other user if she does not have administrator level access ?

I wonder if this has something to do with what user makes the payments for the account. 

Did the other user add his credit card and made payments so far ?

Maybe if the other user has  the only credit card linked to the account the access cannot be terminated until Kristina defines a new payment method on her user side . 

It would seem strange to remove a user but to keep his credit card details linked so money can be taken from his bank account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, his credit card is not used.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As Rakesh has mentioned , If you are admin you should be able to terminate access to any other user.

Make sure that when you look in the interface in the menu Account access >> the table "Users with account access" , on the row with your email followed by a bold text -me, on the column "Access level" you have "Administrative access".

Sometimes buttons not appearing in the interface are due to javascript not loading, so simply re-login to your account from another browser or clear the cache and cookies from your current browser.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I know what is going on, you have access from the MCC interface to that account, this is why you are not presented with the option to terminate access for user.

In this case you need to create an email and get that email invited to be an administrator to that account. From that email you will be able to disconnect users from that account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Kristina,

To follow with Rakesh here, you don't have the administrative access, that's the reason why you are unable to terminate access for that user.

The other possbility as per my understanding is that you are linked to this account as a client manager. So you must be using a MCC account to gain access to your client accounts. If that's the case, you can only change the access level from standard to read only and can see the notification settings which you already did, but cannot terminate the access like this:-

MCC.png

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

About " you can only change the access level from standard to read only " , as far as I can see the MCC can change any user access level up and down to any of the following options :

If the user was previously Administrator : 

1) Administrative access

2) Managed Standard Access

3) Managed read only access

If the user was previously Standard access :

4) Administrative access

5) Standard Access

6) Read only access

Do I have different options than other people's MCC ?

I wonder what the difference is between "Managed Standard Access" and "Standard Access" ? Not that it is important , just a retoric question.