Guide Me
star_border

Access Keyword Planner without creating an ad campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

i am working on launching my webstore but i need google keyword planner without creating ad campain coz i dont have a site yet plz help

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: i need keyword planner but without creating adcompain

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ruby,

Yes you can use the keyword planner without creating any single campaigns.
Once you sign up the AdWords account (Creation of AdWords Account is free), it look likes:-

KW.PNG

Then you can use the keyword planner, In order to use the keyword Planner click on "Tool" then select "Keyword Planner". Finally you are able to access the keyword planner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ruby,

As far i understand your query you want to use keyword planner for your website.
Keyword Planner is part of Google Adwords. It is a free tool, you just need to create an adwords account to use it.

regards,
Rahul Goel

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ruby,

To use Google Keyword Planner you don't need to create ad campaigns. Just create an Adwords account and then you will be able to use keyword planner for free.

Thanks,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ruby,

Yes you can use the keyword planner without creating any single campaigns.
Once you sign up the AdWords account (Creation of AdWords Account is free), it look likes:-

KW.PNG

Then you can use the keyword planner, In order to use the keyword Planner click on "Tool" then select "Keyword Planner". Finally you are able to access the keyword planner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do you create an adwords account without creating a campaign. I go to google.adwords.com and it wants a website and then it wants an ad, none of which I want to do here, I only want to search keywords. Can this be done and if so, how do you set it up?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Lynn,

You just need to sign up on Adwords using a google account and you can search keywords as rakesh already showed in screenshot.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi guys, when you go to sign up for an adwords account, you can't complete the sign up without creating an ad and entering in your billing information....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do I read this correctly? You MUST first create an ad and give billing information, even if you do not presently have something to sell, BEFORE you can use the keyword planner? Before I get more deeply entangled in this process... does that approach actually work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi guys, I realized the issue. Sadly, I had to go through 2 google accounts before I got it right.

When signing up, you CAN create the account (and use keyword planner etc.) without entering billing info, BUT you have to be super careful not to pass too far into the process or you will be stuck and the only way of getting the account started is to enter billing.

I think it's the first page or two of sign up, but instead of clicking the continue button at the bottom after you fill out some info (i think maybe your website, might be the screen after), you have to click the link at the near top that says "skip guided setup" THIS IS THE KEY. :-)

Thanks for the help everyone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys
I hit this issue also and got to the create campaign screen I missed the skip guided setup button initially which is actually embedded in the text and is blue located at the end of the intro text at the top.

I managed to close add words go back in on the same account and click the "skip guided setup" text button.

Google still tried to force me to make a campaign i continued to the second screen then hit the back button on the browser. It then took me into the add words accounts campaign screen that shows all active adds. It showed the current add as being "paused".

I deleted the add and was free to roam the site unencumbered with no billing details recorded.

Hope this helps guys as it is made very difficult to circumvent the initial add creation obviously on purpose.

Cheers