AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Accepting an invitation with account after its been deleted.

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I deleted my account to join and accept an invation to another account with my email. when i entered in the information it says that i already have an account so i cant accept the invitation even though the account is "diactivated" Is there a way i can clear my email address from adwords to start over?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Accepting an invitation with account after its been deleted.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Your email address remains associated with the account even after deleting. You should able to invite another user (email address) to the account. It can be tricky when you own both email accounts.

After sending the invitation, be sure you are logged out of all Google services before accepting the invitation by clicking on the link in the email message. Then click "I already have an account", or the system will make a new account and you'll have to start all over.

Then log out and back in with the old address. Confirm the invite acceptance and promote the new user to admin. Log out and back in with the new email address. You will then be able to remove your existing email address from that account. After that you will be able to use that email address as login to another account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You should use a new email address to accept the invitation or else you should consider getting a mcc account where you can use all your clients account.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Your email address remains associated with the account even after deleting. You should able to invite another user (email address) to the account. It can be tricky when you own both email accounts.

After sending the invitation, be sure you are logged out of all Google services before accepting the invitation by clicking on the link in the email message. Then click "I already have an account", or the system will make a new account and you'll have to start all over.

Then log out and back in with the old address. Confirm the invite acceptance and promote the new user to admin. Log out and back in with the new email address. You will then be able to remove your existing email address from that account. After that you will be able to use that email address as login to another account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

I need to use my work email to accept this inviation that was sent to me but i already used it to make an account not realising i should i have waited to add an account on the invation acceptance email that was sent to me thats the issue im running into.