Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

About Location Bid Adjustment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am running a Campaign in West Bengal and in advance location settings I have individually targeted Kolkata. The bidding adjustments I have set like (both increased by) West Bengal: 10% and Kolkata: 15%.

My concern is if my keyword bid is Rs.100 and someone clicks that keyword from Kolkata, how much will it cost for that keyword?

Do I have to pay Rs.100 + 15% or Rs.100 + 15% + 10%?

Please help.

Thanks,
Sonu M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonu M
September 2015

Re: About Location Bid Adjustment

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sonu,

This is how Multiple Location Bid Adjustments Work. If you set an bid adjustment of +10% of West Bengal and +15% of Kolkata, the adjustments won't be combined. For traffic from Kolkata, the most specific location, will be served with a bid of +15% only.

So, you have to pay Rs. 100+15% only. Hope my answer clear your query!

For more information, kindly visit How to set Bid Adjustments?

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed, Kolkata

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonu M
September 2015

Re: About Location Bid Adjustment

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sonu,

This is how Multiple Location Bid Adjustments Work. If you set an bid adjustment of +10% of West Bengal and +15% of Kolkata, the adjustments won't be combined. For traffic from Kolkata, the most specific location, will be served with a bid of +15% only.

So, you have to pay Rs. 100+15% only. Hope my answer clear your query!

For more information, kindly visit How to set Bid Adjustments?

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed, Kolkata

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One easy and simple way is the following:

Use the calculator to determine the resulting bid adjustment.
In All campaigns, under Settings, on the All settings subtab, look for the calculator icon in the "Active bid adjustments" column.

You can also find the calculator in the settings summary at the top of individual campaign pages.

For more details, check the "Tip", in the last paragraph in this link : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Ads appear in San Francisco gets 120 conversations at a cost of $1200 and CPA of $10. While ads in Houston gets 70 conversations at a cost of $1400 and CPA of $20. If you have a CPA goal of $12, what is the bid adjustment would you get for each location? 

Thanks.

Umah H