Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

About Dynamic Re-marketing Works with Manual Feed Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts !!

I am very new to adwords & dynamic re-marketing method. I have bit know how to create a re-marketing campaign with using the custom audience re-marketing list. So, right now i am confused with dynamic re-marketing to my new travel client. I want to set up a dynamic re-marketing campaign to my visitor who previously visit to particular flight result page. FYI: we don't have google merchant account right now, i want to create a manual excel feeds with flight destination ID, Price, Start Date, End Date & Pagetype. So i have created a excel data also too & uploaded into the business data in shared library in adwords & also added the dynamic re-marketing tag code into the website dynamically, created a campaign, adgroups & ads under the re-marketing business data travel too.

So, now i want to know why this manual feeds? & how this manual feeds & dynamic re-marketing ads works?

Means what i am understand on it: If visitors visit my flight search result with destination: Bangkok, then google will compare the custom value in that particular page re-marketing tag with business data feed to show the dynamic ads to the another landed website??

(or)

Google will add that custom value from that particular page re-marketing tag to business data feed automatically? then the dynamic ads will show on the another landed page with that updated destination name, price & everything ??

Please sorry for my english & help me out to improve my knowledge on dynamic re-marketing !

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthik S
August 2016

Re: About Dynamic Re-marketing Works with Manual Feed Data

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Correct, the price displayed in dynamic ads comes from your feed, not from the tag parameter.
- the most important tag parameter is the id as it is used to match with the feed
- the second most important tag parameter is the pagetype as it it tied to the standard remarketing list definitions
- the price parameter is optional

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Do you still need help with this question about dynamic remarketing?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie..

Yes, i am looking for a solution about dynamic re-marketing... Please help me

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hey Karthik,

Here's some more information about dynamic remarketing that you might find useful. This graphic is from the AdWords Help Center page about dynamic remarketing:

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 2.11.23 PM.png

You'll create a feed of all your products or services along with attributes like unique IDs, images, and prices. When ads are shown to people who visited your website, details about the items they viewed are pulled from your feed into these ads.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Khartik,

The documentation explains how Google matches the custom parameters in the tag with the columns in the Feed. For example if you use a Business Data flights feed:
- The "Destination ID" column in the feed matches the tag custom parameter flight_destid
- Optionally, the "Origin ID" column in the feed matches the tag custom parameter flight_originid

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en#flights_feed

- Maxime

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help, Well understand about the tag & feeds working on dynamic re-marketing... So the another question is "Custom Tag will compare the Unique ID only (or) any other parameters?"

Thanks

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Only the IDs are used to match.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay thanks. So i can use to keep any flight price value in business data feeds, that can not match with custom parameters. Flight price value in feeds is only to just to display in ads, does not match with custom parameters ?

Thanks in Advance !
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthik S
August 2016

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Correct, the price displayed in dynamic ads comes from your feed, not from the tag parameter.
- the most important tag parameter is the id as it is used to match with the feed
- the second most important tag parameter is the pagetype as it it tied to the standard remarketing list definitions
- the price parameter is optional

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Maxime !! You helped me a lot & kind response to my all questions...

Feeling happy & will start running a dynamic re-marketing now for my client hopefully.

Keep in touch...