Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

About Dimensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

How to measure my business track in Adwords.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: About Dimensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There could different aspects to how an advertiser measures AdWords success. It could be branding or ROI.

So, in case you want to measure how many users who reached via AdWords, took some action on your website, you can do that by implementing AdWords Conversion Tracking (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en) script. It's a small javascript code snippet which can be inserted on Goal completion thank you page of your website.

More details on how to implement this are available here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: About Dimensions

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ragha,

I agree with Pankaj on this, as the first step towards tracking the success of your business through AdWords, you need to implement Conversion Tracking on your website. It will enable you to track every successful sale or form fill on your website through AdWords. In addition to this, if you are running a Ecommerce based account, you can also implement, revenue tracking through GA, to track revenue generated through each sale or conversion action.

Once you have this setup, you can start looking at different metrics in AdWords like CPA i.e. cost per acquisition or cost per lead (CPL) & then the ROI generated by each campaign that you run.

Along with this, to accurately measure the success of your campaign, I suggest you also implement a end to end tracking mechanism in the form of a back end and track each and every lead that makes a purchase on your website through any source. Make sure to do a source attribution against each lead along with other lead data that can help you identify the lead uniquely, a unique identifier would a great solution here.

Using this, you can successfully track each and every lead individually to their source of interaction with your brand (e.g. - SEM, Direct, Facebook campaign, etc.), allowing you to do a complete analysis of all your online or offline marketing efforts.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"