AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

API to know status of Adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I would like to know the presence of Adwords campaign or Ads for a new client.

How to find wether that client has used Adwords in past.

Is there an API to find the presence of Ad campaign or Ads? We are also looking for Paid API.

Thanks,

Syed Nuri

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: API to know status of Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Syed Nuri,

The best way out is to simply ask the client whether he has an Adwords account or not. Reason is pretty straight forward here that no advertiser is allowed to create multiple Adwords account for a single business. So in case there is an account and you are about to work on it, simply ask the client for its access.

I don't know if there is any Adwords API to know about the past of some client. You might consider posting this particular query on Adwords API forum. This is the link: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/adwords-api

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Sorry about the confusion. My mistake.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

I would not suggest that the 'general public' get the idea that someone can contact Google and ask about someone else's advertising. I'm very sure that's not information Google hands out to random phone callers. Smiley Happy

I agree with Pankaj--the best thing to to is to ask the client. They need to be honest with you about past advertising efforts, in their own best interests.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*