2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AMAZON affilaites and adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm reading a bunch about the bridge-page issue that adwords has with amazon, and vice versa, with amazons terms of service violation regarding PPC.

Does this scenario break the terms of service for either amazon or adwords?

adwords traffic > my website Landing page > my website product page with amazon affiliate links > amazon.com product page

Since the landing page does not directly link to amazon (using affiliate links) but instead links to an additional page on my site, would this technically circumvent the bridge page policy?

And in amazon's eyes, since the traffic coming from my product page is technically website traffic now, and not paid traffic, do you think this would be an issue?

The irony is that I didn't plan on monitizing my site this way, I was simply looking for treatment options for my traffic and amazon had all the right stuff. If I'm going to recommend these products anyway, I might as well offset the cost of traffic through their affiliate program.

Hope this makes sense.

Gene

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gene m
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gene,

The purpose of AdWords is to promote your own products or services. If the sole or primary purpose of sending traffic to your site is to send them on to Amazon via affiliate links, then you will most likely have your site or account suspended. Regardless of whether they are a step away from your landing page.

If your primary reason for advertising on AdWords is to promote your own products or services, and the Amazon links are a secondary income stream, that should be OK but you still could be disapproved.

What Google wishes to avoid is the potential for multiple ads essentially promoting the same product from the same place. It creates a poor user experience.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gene m
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gene,

The purpose of AdWords is to promote your own products or services. If the sole or primary purpose of sending traffic to your site is to send them on to Amazon via affiliate links, then you will most likely have your site or account suspended. Regardless of whether they are a step away from your landing page.

If your primary reason for advertising on AdWords is to promote your own products or services, and the Amazon links are a secondary income stream, that should be OK but you still could be disapproved.

What Google wishes to avoid is the potential for multiple ads essentially promoting the same product from the same place. It creates a poor user experience.