Guide Me
star_border

AD WORDS Poor Results

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Having used Ad Words I have nothing good to say about. Save Your Money. Although a small company I have a friend that contributes his talents. He is a retired marketing guy who put many major brands on the market. Looking over the marketing data provided by Ad Words he felt that Ad Words would not do the job. He was right!

Being from the old school and spent a total of $500 to reach a market for my product of 10,000 which resulted in many sales. Having spent $1500 with Ad Words and no sales speaks for itself. Their technical people told me that my campaigns were getting the highest response. So with that said I have only a few words for those that would use this service

Beware of False Claims and Shoddy Results.

Michael Yaccarino President CEO Safety Drain

PS. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove self-promotional content.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AD WORDS Poor Results

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Michael

I'm sorry you had poor results with Adwords. 

It is true that you're not the only one who has been disappointed with the performance of their Adwords campaign. But as a CEO you certainly understand that a sales cycle is like the proverbial chain that breaks on its weakest link. Meaning that if any of the many steps leading to a sale, (from adwords, through your website to whoever fulfills the order, etc, etc) is missed, the sale falls through, and you lose the money you invested in bringing the client to your website through Google.

Adwords campaigns need to be setup properly by an experienced person, especially if you are thinking of investing 1500 USD in it.

Finally, the best setup campaign in the world might not help if your website is poorly conceived, has less than proper usability and in general does not give the Adwords visitor a reason to buy from it. 

I guess my point is that you single out Adwords as the reason (the ONLY reason) why you lost your money, without exploring other causes.

Jorge

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michael V,

I searched for your web site. I couldn't find it.

It doesn't work for everyone. That does mean it doesn't work for anyone.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Michael V,

Many technical points are there to take care. Only successful campaigns are enough to increase sales. How is your website?, There might be issue with shopping cart or payment gateway.

I strong recommend to review your website closely. Make some test sales, then go with keyword research and then campaigns. How your conversion code is implemented with your website?

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
Virendra

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove contact information