AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ACE Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to start ACE- and under campaign setting started the started the experiment. But does not make any other change like ( Adding new keyword, Bid strategy, or adding new ads).

Now my question is how this ACE effect my campaign performance (Negative or Positive) as i have not make any change in keyword, ads, ad group Tab. and why?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ACE Experiment

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

The main function of ACE is testing changes on portion of the auctions your ads are participated in . Like putting a bit of hot sauce on just part of your meal, Campaign Experiments give you a taste of the results so you can figure out whether you want to pour on the heat! This way, you can test changes to your keywords, bids, ad groups, and placements.

The results from experiments can help you make better decisions and help you increase your return on investment.

When you create an experiment, you decide what sort of change you want to test -- new keywords, a higher bid, new ads, or different placements, for example. Then, you decide what percentage of your auctions should have this experimental change. Keep in mind that AdWords experiments are random-auction, meaning every time a user conducts a search on Google.com or our Search partners, or a new user loads a webpage on our Content partners, we'll randomly decide to make either your control or experimental split active for the auction (based on the percentage you set within experiment settings).

After the experiment has been running for a short while, you can view the results on any page you normally use to view your campaigns and ads. These pages will also let you know if your experimental changes are performing significantly better or worse than the ads without changes.

Please read more about ACE:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en

Any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My opinion: AWE requires (at least) some background  / knowledge in statistics  and statistical terminology (e, g. Control group, sampling size, statistically significant...)

So, if you don't have a background in statistics, I would make changes within the campaign UI,  and follow the trends / changes (in performances) by exporting the data to Excel.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your replies,
but my question was different, i want to know what are the disadvantages of setting an incomplete ACE?