Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

A question on Search Network with Display Select

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Community,

A very good afternoon to all of you from Berlin! 

My company runs two separate accounts in Adwords MCC for Search Network and Display Network campaigns. All GDN campaigns are in a GDN Account and all SEM campaigns are in a separate Search Account.

We now want to start using the 'Search Network with Display Select'. My question is: Which of the two accounts should I put the "Display Select" campaigns in? I read somewhere that Search Network with Display Select is an extension of the Search Network, so should I put them in the Search Account, or should I put them in the GDN Account since Image ads can also be shown in Display Select? Or should I create a completely new account in the MCC just for 'Display Select'?

Many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Best,

Shreyans

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Re: A question on Search Network with Display Select

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Shreyans,

You can run two Different Accounts, One for SEARCH & one for DISPLAY. That's not a problem.

This type of campaign has been introduced in the view of two types of advertisers:
- Advertisers who have some "extra" budget on search, that is not exhausted, and want to try and spend it on the display
- Advertisers who don't want to get into the complexity of the setting a display campaign

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Shreyans,

When you mention you have two separate accounts do you mean campaigns? I am confused if you are managing two separate accounts for tweo different companies or the same company has two Campaigns?

If you are referring to campaigns I would recommend you leave the GDN campaign alone and have it run on Display Network only so you can manually bid, use topic or interest targeting and more expanded features.

I recommend you leave the SEM campaign in a Search Only campaign as well and not mess with the Display Select unless you want the Display Select features to spend some extra budget or show ads on placements related to what your users are searching for.

Hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Shreyans,

If you are already running Search Network and Display network Campaign, Then there is no need to run Search with Display select (SNDS) Campaign.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jordan,

Thanks Smiley Happy

I am managing adwords for one company only, but I have two accounts in the MCC - one for GDN and one for Search only. In the GDN account I run GDN campaigns only, and in the Search Account, I run search campaigns only.

Your suggestion is to leave GDN and Search alone in their respective accounts. Does that mean there is no need to use search with Display Select? If there isn't, then what could be the point of creating such an option by Google?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Shreyans,

You can run two Different Accounts, One for SEARCH & one for DISPLAY. That's not a problem.

This type of campaign has been introduced in the view of two types of advertisers:
- Advertisers who have some "extra" budget on search, that is not exhausted, and want to try and spend it on the display
- Advertisers who don't want to get into the complexity of the setting a display campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Rakesh! This resolves my problem.