AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

A competitor's Google My Business in the organic pack is listed with the adword symbol next to it

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been using Google Adwords for years. Recently, I noticed a competitor's Google My Business listing showing up in the organic pack list on the 1st page search with a Google Adwords Symbol next to it. In addition his ad also appears in the organic pack list further down without the Google Adwords Symbol. Same exact ad including reviews. Is this legal? And if so how would I be able to do this? BTW.... this only is viewable on a mobile device. It will not show up on a desktop nor will you be able to see it using the Google Adwords Preview Tool in the mobile mode. Thank You - David

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karen m
February 2017

A competitor's Google My Business in the organic pack is listed with the adword symbol next to it

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It sounds that your competitor is bidding on your business name as a keyword. This practice is legit and common.

As for organic; this forum is focused on paid ads and advising about SEO practices is outside our scope,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: A competitor's Google My Business in the organic pack is listed with the adword symbol next to i

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have enclosed a photo. To help explain this. Thank You

EXAMPLE1.JPGMy example

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karen m
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is a Local Search ad. More info here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much. I have been searching all day for that answer. I have enabled location extensions and synced them to my GMB account. They work on Google Maps. When I check my ad with the Google Ad Preview Tool it says "Your location extension didn't show even though it was eligible to" I have no other extensions running except the location extensions. Everything is setup correctly. I just enabled location extensions last week. I am a mobile business and I do come up on google maps with the location extension. If it makes any difference I come up on GMB local search ads (but not with the adword symbol) all over the metro area  Any ideas why it does not show although I am eligible? Thank you in advance

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This topic has continued in another thread here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Location-extensions-are-not-working/m-p/...