Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

[#956015580] Follow-up to 866-2-GOOGLE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys,

20 days ago I called Google for help setting up Adwords, Google Base, and Webmaster tools so that my adwords ads have the nifty stars associated with our product reviews..

Coco, from support was awesome and she helped a great deal. However even she didn't now what was the issue, so she pushed it up to tech support or something... and they have not resolved it.

20 days... and no love.

Can someone at google help?

Google support ticket: [#956015580]

A

4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: [#956015580] Adwords Not Showing Product Ratings

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

USA schlor I would like to take a crack at helping you but I need to confirm a few things...

1. you want seller rating extensions to show - Where do your reviews come from?  Google checkout, reseller ratings, etc?

2. You worked rating into the M/C is that by adding an attribute to the feed for ratings?

3.  Where did Coco check to see you had these 79 ratings that were 4.8 of 5?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IT's FIXED ITS FIXED!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A

View solution in original post

Re: [#956015580] Follow-up to 866-2-GOOGLE

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey USAScholar,

have you called them again?

If you have a ticket number that will be much faster and better. Googlers who operate here do not have easy access to your case history. One day may be...

Please let us know if/when you get resolution.

Cheers,

EF

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok,

so there is no resolution on these boards, or by email?

Wow.. this is getting to be pretty bad service considering it's google main product.

A

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well this is the latest from Coco today:

==================================

Hi Anthony,

I still do not have an update from our technical team regarding this
issue. As soon as I do, you'll be the first to know.

Best,
Coco.P
==================================
I feel like the red-headed step child now.. buuuuu
Again, it's now going on 21 days, and I don't feel the love...   Man Frustrated
Man Sad
A

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi USAScholar,

the Community provides advice mostly, it is not geared towards solving technical problems with individual accounts because Community members do not have access to your account (privacy).

There are some Googlers (like me) here but the much larger and better equipped Google Support Teams are those who should be solving the bugs and problems you face. I hope the difference is clear. It is subtle but very important.

As an exceptional step, I will see how I can apply the right gentle pressure in the right places to get you sorted out. But this could be a rather long and circumvoluted process... We will see.

However, I completely agree, 21 days and still no solution is not a good. Yet, this is nothing to do with this Community Smiley Happy

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

EF

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi usascholar,

I'm sorry to hear about your case. From my understanding, your issue is related to the Google Merchant Center. I've alerted the team to look into your case again and get back to you. If you don't hear from them within 48 hours, please reply to this post. Otherwise, you can also repost your question in the Google Merchant Center Forum: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/base.

Thank you,

Zee

Zee
G+

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Thank you Zee,

indeed if this is not directly an AdWords related question we are stretching our sphere of influence into unknown territories...

In an ideal world every Googler would know all that is going on at Google, we are not there yet. One day surely.

In the meantime we will try to sort you out USAScholar.

Cheers,

EF

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Eric.

>In an ideal world every Googler would know all that is going on at Google, we are not there yet.

>One day surely. In the meantime we will try to sort you out USAScholar.

Dream on. Smiley Frustrated  Unfortunately we've gotten too big for that.  The company is, what, 30,000 people now?  I can't even keep track of everything going on in AdWords any more.

usascholar:

Can you post a bit more information about your problem here, or on the Merchant Center forum?  It's possible that it will ring a bell with someone.  I know a little bit about the Merchant Center / AdWords integration, for example.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee, Laura and Eric...

Basicaly we have gone through the steps so that our Adwords show the star ratings of our products in our Adwords Ads.

We connected the Merchant Account, Adwords, and Google base products with the ratings... After a couple weeks I called Google and spoke with Coco. I believe we walked through it all once more to make sure I crossed my t's and dotted my i's in all the systems... and that they were connected appropriately.

She even went to check to see if I had ratings. We have of course 79 ratings with an average of 4.8 out of 5 (which to me is pretty darn good!) But... we can't show it off online to potential customers next to our adwords!

We have a couple of other competitors that also have some ratings, so we just wanted to compete on the same level while paying for adwords. Problem is that Adwords isn't working correctly for us, even after Coco held our hand and walked us through it all.

I am not sure what else to do. Smiley Sad

It is day 22 now.

A

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

A, maybe you should read Kim's great article on which extension trumps which in case you have more enabled. And as a test, give it a try, disable everything but the seller extensions. And get back to us to tell us if they work.

Here's the link: http://www.adwordshelpexperts.com/2011/07/adwordsad-extensions-%E2%80%93-who-holds-the-trump-card/

(Stretching a bit here, and assuming that the problem is you don't see your seller extensions in your ads). 

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.