AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

6 Adwords clicks but 0 visitors according to Statcounter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have just started up my Adwords campaign yesterday, and on the first day I had 6 clicks which I paid for. But according to Statcounter, I had 0 (as in zero) visitors yesterday.

Statcounter registers the sites visitors instantaneously. So if I had any visitors, they would show up in Statcounter. (I'm using Statcounter and not Analytics due to the user friendliness).

I have already tried to contact Adwords helpcenter via mail and chat, no luck there.

How come I have to pay for 6 clicks, and don't have any visitors?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 6 Adwords clicks but 0 visitors according to Statcounter

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Henrik,

I'm not familiar with Statcounter, but I would encourage you to use Analytics as well. Even if you don't find it as user friendly, why not use both =) A great benefit of using Analytics with AdWords is that you can pull Analytics data into AdWords. In your AdWords interface you can have columns to see see Bounce Rate, Avg. Session Duration, Pages/Session, and of % New Sessions

Checkout this page for more info!
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

-Justin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Henrik,

Welcome to Adwords community.

Make sure that your landing page contain your stat counter tracking code on it, most of the time this is the main reason for the issue, If you are using Start count premium account contact support or their is a separate private forums for Start counter you can ask more details about this issue on that forum.

And i completely agree with @Justin F its better to use analytics for better tracking of your adwords ads performance. You said you just started Adwords, it is very important to track your stats and conversions, Analytics is the best source compared to other platforms to measure your results especially when you are using Adwords. I have also used both Stat counter and Analytics, Compare to Statcounter Analytics are more user friendly just try it you may like it....Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Aravindh.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Henrik,

I had the exact same issue!! When I spoke to a Google Representative, they told me they charge us for clicks, not for visitors. Their excuse was that someone might click on the ad, but never actually make it to the website/landing page. When I asked to be reimbursed for the click, they told me it was not possible. I connected my Google Analytics to my adwords just to prove to them that I was being charged for fraudulent clicks. Analytics also showed that no one had come to my website at the specific time and date that I was charged for. When I brought the issue up to them again they told me, well analytics and adwords read information differently. They are very quick to charge you with no actual evidence that a visitor landed on your site. When I asked them I was just bombarded with excuses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Henrik,

This can indeed be a problem in some instances where Javascript tracking causes issues. Services like Analytics and StatCounter use javascript to track visitors when they arrive on a page. If for some reason the page is not fully loaded or users have javascript disabled, or they close the tab/browser window before it even gets to your page, you will probably still be billed by AdWords as they tracked a click on their side.

To improve your tracking, there are services that offer "live tracking" for data feeds. These track on the URLs and are more accurate than JavaScript tracking.

Search Google for "Google PLAs "live tracking"" for some of these services.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Henrik Castella N

I think it's show because of any gapes of tracking the visitors from stat counter. I suggest you please properly link adwords & state counter. I am not friendly with state counter so I advice please use analytic.

I see that you tell. after connecting analytic also you show same data (6 click 0 visitor) but I thinks You read this article one time very carefully for proper linking of adwords and analytics. I confident you will not same issue another time.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

"I fill that if all thing is well then please one time you see your landing page url, because for some time due to single letter URL changed & it's redirect on 404. & its also may be possible that which time you got click the web server was down at that time & you got 6 click but see 0 visitor."

This all are guess not exact reason so if you fill they all are wrong please reply on that .

Regards

Mohit

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Henrik,

As everyone has already advised here, we'd reccomend that you use Google Analytics to track visits on your website.

Once you have Analytics installed, and linked to your AdWords Account, you should be able to see Visit/Session information from customers who have clicked on your ad.

If you are seeing ZERO Visit/Session information then you may have not installed the tracking code correctly, or perhaps your website is taking a long time to load, which would mean (a) the tracking code isn't loading and (b) people are clicking back as they do not wish to wait.

Here is a great reference article to understand why you might have data discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Let us know how you get on!
Kathleen