AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

5+ video ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, i am new here, i have been reading about advertising on youtube but all of what i have read are for one ad and how to sale more.

I want to advertise 5+ ads at the same time. These ads are for a special purpose in my country ( example encouraging doing different kind of sports ). I have a sponsor so the only thing is knowing how much to spend?

I want it TrueView in-stream ads. How much do you think it will cost.

i have 5 ads and let say that i will spend 1000$ per month. how will my ads appear and how much will they appear.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author khalid a
September 2015

Re: 5+ video ads

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You're welcome, Khalid!

As AdWords is dynamic, it is not possible to predict the number of views your ad can get for a $1000 dollar budget. It depends on various other factors like your target audience, business vertical, competition, length of the video, etc.

However, you can get rough estimates while creating a Video campaign. For a 1000 rupee budget and 10 rupee bid, I'm able to see an estimate (screenshot attached) of 'less than 500 views' per day. 

As you have a sponsor and are looking for a budget, I'd suggest that you get a rough estimate from the AdWords interface and decide on a budget. Or you can start with an initial budget and eventually increase or decrease it based on actual ad performance.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Estimates.png

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Answers inline:

How much to spend: This depends on your advertising budget, but if you have a benchmark in mind (like serving X number of impressions or getting Y number of conversions), you can adjust the budget based on actual campaign spend. If the total budget is $1000 ( for eg) and you have 5 different videos, you can go for 5 campaigns (with one video each) and a $200 budget per campaign.

How much will it cost: As the reach and frequency (how much will they appear) is based on bids and budget, it is difficult to determine the cost without looking into the vertical. I'd say start with an initial budget to understand how much a view costs and what's the response. You'll then have data to optimize the campaign, as well as take a call on budget.

How will they appear: As you'd like to use True View In Stream ad formats, your ad would appear before, during or after a YouTube video.

Hope that helps!

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you for your reply
So every ad is a campaign.
I just want to know how much advertising will i get for one ad if i pay 1000$ a month.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author khalid a
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You're welcome, Khalid!

As AdWords is dynamic, it is not possible to predict the number of views your ad can get for a $1000 dollar budget. It depends on various other factors like your target audience, business vertical, competition, length of the video, etc.

However, you can get rough estimates while creating a Video campaign. For a 1000 rupee budget and 10 rupee bid, I'm able to see an estimate (screenshot attached) of 'less than 500 views' per day. 

As you have a sponsor and are looking for a budget, I'd suggest that you get a rough estimate from the AdWords interface and decide on a budget. Or you can start with an initial budget and eventually increase or decrease it based on actual ad performance.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Estimates.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Khalid
As with anything Adwords related you only get answers by testing as there are just so many variables.
If you start small, split testing the most important variables first... you will get the most profitable return from your ad spend. Just don't try and spend it all at once until you are more experienced and have tested!
Otherwise get someone to do it for you! ;-)
Andy