AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

29 clicks yesterday, but only 6 clicks on my main keywords for the past month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i dont get it

my keywords have 6 clicks over the past month, but my ad got 29 clicks yesterday

is one of the counts wrong?

if not on my keywords, where is my ad shown then?

is there any way to only get it shown in association with my keywords?

thanks

rasmus

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 29 clicks yesterday, but only 6 clicks on my main keywords for the past month

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi samtalerapi,

Usually this happens when you are running both Display Network and Search network in the same campaign, and the display network has no or few keywords. Clicks from the Display Network will not always be attributed to a particular keyword. Look at the Display Network tab for data on where the clicks came from, as either automatic or managed placements.

If you are not running on the Display Network, let me know and I'll look a little further into it.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: 29 clicks yesterday, but only 6 clicks on my main keywords for the past month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response

I am running the Display Network with the automatic placements

My main interest in Adwords is to appear the on Google.com (actually .dk) on the right

Not on other sites

Can I do that?

Thanks

Rasmus

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning - 

If you want to advertise only on the Google's search results pages, you should not be advertising on the Display/Content network.

Go to the Settings tab of your account and click on your campaign name. Scroll down to the Networks section and make sure the Google search option is checked. If you want your ads served on Google only, do not click the "include search partners" box. If it's checked, uncheck it.

While you're there, uncheck the Display/Content option.

Now your ads will be targeted only to Google.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*