AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

2017 Key word planner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i am completely new to this and my question is as follows, when I enter a keyword for the purpose of how many searches it has had, ie a product. the planner does not show a specific number i.e 4233 for example, it will show 10k to 100k and this is the same for any product I enter. I am trying to search by volume, can any body shed some light on this please, all the you tube videos are of no value, even for this basic task, 

Thank you

Martin.

1 Expert replyverified_user

2017 Key word planner.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Martin, 

A range of values (statistical values) is all that AdWords Keyword Planner will provide.

Please keep in mind that it also works off of an actual AdWords campaign, so the more the budget (history, etc.), the more it can provide help with the values (there will still only be ranges). Keyword Planner no longer provides precise values and will not provide precise data (or any) without an actual, active campaign within AdWords. 

You can learn more by reading this Google AdWords Help File.

Kind Regards,

James

2017 Key word planner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James for your prompt and professional  response, and clearing this up for me, much appreciated, to the best of your knowledge does google have a more accurate, filter by volume process or should I look else where.

Thanks again

Martin. 

2017 Key word planner.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Martin,

You are very welcome. 

What you see is what you get with AdWords Editor. 

As an advertising professional, I do use and suggest the use of:

Google Trends

Google Marketing

Think with Google

Google Data Gallery

AdWords Marketing Goals

AdWords Resource Department

Think with Google

Consumer Barometer

Google My Business

Google GYBO

Google trends is quite powerful and will present search trends going back years. I would press you to spend a little time with it and give it a go. The others will also offer valuable marketing stats & materials, too. 

All the Best,

James

2017 Key word planner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again James, I will do due diligence and look into the marketing funnels you have suggested.

Martin.