AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

2 websites, 2 Analytics , 1 adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day,

We have split our main site into a main site and a sub-site to make the goods more relavant for users.

However the new web company have set up seperate anayltics for the new site. The Campaign that was relavant for the main site is now repointed to the sub-site however I assume that I need to add some tracking to the sub site for it. I have been told I need to change something in adwords but to my mind we actually need to hand them the same Google tracking code, with a different completion page, so we can get accurate statisitcs. The campaign and products and new so I would only lose 3 weeks of 'historic' data if I had to move to a new adwords login.

So my current layout:

Main site: Adwords and Analytics - working Sub-site: Second Analytics, seperate from main site. Adwords, from the main site adwords pointing to the sub-site

On a simular vain we will be lauching a second sub-site in a foreign langauge soon, so I assume whatever advise I get regarding above will be the same? 

Thank you in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: 2 websites, 2 Analytics , 1 adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi indy12,

I suggest you create new profiles instead of creating new Analytics accounts, then change the Analytics on the new sub-site. That way you can segment the Analytics data by sub site and you can link all your domains and sub-domains to the same AdWords account.

With a second Analytics account, you won't be able to link both accounts to a single AdWords account.

Create the new profile in your Analytics account. Get the tracking code and send it to your web guys to install on the sub-site. When you add another sub-site, do the same thing.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: 2 websites, 2 Analytics , 1 adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi indy12,

I suggest you create new profiles instead of creating new Analytics accounts, then change the Analytics on the new sub-site. That way you can segment the Analytics data by sub site and you can link all your domains and sub-domains to the same AdWords account.

With a second Analytics account, you won't be able to link both accounts to a single AdWords account.

Create the new profile in your Analytics account. Get the tracking code and send it to your web guys to install on the sub-site. When you add another sub-site, do the same thing.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords