AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

2 Google Adwords accounts, different domains, but same keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know can I create/use 2 different Google Adwords accounts for 2 different domains (same market) and use same keywords? And will these ads will show together?

For example:

Adwords Account 1

Domain: www.website1.com

Keywords: nail gel polish, nail dryers

Adwords Account 2

Domain: www.website2.com

Keywords: nail gel polish, nail dryers

You probably thinking why I want to accomplish this? The reason is pretty simple... We are selling beauty products (for example nail gel polish), some of the suppliers don't want us to sell his/her brand products with another supplier brand products. So, we are planning to sell different brand products on different domains...

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Re: 2 Google Adwords accounts, different domains, but same keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aivaras P

Well.... You are allowed to do that (and should) using different campaigns under ONE account,
Using this practice by setting multiple accounts is not allowed and would be a violation of the Policy. (Your company, a beauty retailer,  will be promoting similar products (cosmetics)  to the same targeting audience - this is not allowed)

The proper way to do that is to set a separate campaign for each brand under one account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, we can set a separate campaign for each brand with same keywords, but then we are getting this: ""Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one". This is definitely not a solution... If this is not allowed, what about hiring other company which would manage our other website using their own Google Adwords account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Aivaras P,

Even though the wording is not 100% clear to everyone, that message should not frighten you. For any particular search query entered by a user and matching one or several of your keywords, Google will pick only one of them to participate in the auction to win an impression. The rest of them will get the kind of message you quoted. That's sort of normal, nothing extraordinary you should care about in particular.

You are advised to follow the advice posted by @MosheTLV.

Best,

Lakatos