AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

2 DIFFERENT Display URLs with SAME Domain in 1 Ad Group?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have one ad group with two ads. Both ads have the same display URL domain, which by Google policy is the requirement. But 1 of my ads is getting disapproved and I don't understand why.

Generically speaking, I have 1 ad with example.com/shoes and the other with example.com/shoes-now

The disapproval reason is "One display URL domain per ad group"

But that is what I have. In fact, the policy https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906?hl=en even illustrates google.com/ads and google.com as being ok to both exist in the same ad group. Although they are two different display URLs, they are ok because they have the same domain. This means my display URLs should be ok.

The policy is "One display URL domain per ad group" NOT "One display URL per ad group". So why is my ad getting disapproved? How do I contest this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex K
September 2015

Re: 2 DIFFERENT Display URLs with SAME Domain in 1 Ad Group?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

I think you might have to get in touch with the AdWords Support Team so they can take a look at your account. The phone numbers are here: http://goo.gl/RossSA.

Let us know what they say!

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

Did you edit the URLs of existing ads? If you edited existing ads, was there any time when the ads had different URLs (even if just for a few seconds)? The first edited ad could have been disapproved while you were in the process of editing the second ad. 

If you are happy that both URLs are the same, try re-saving the disapproved ad and it should be reviewed and approved. 

Hope this helps! 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rachel,

I resubmitted the ad but it got disapproved again for the same reason. I feel like the person reviewing my ad is confusing different domain url with just different url. My urls are indeed both different, but they have the same domain which meets Google's clearly illustrated policy.

What should I do?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex K
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

I think you might have to get in touch with the AdWords Support Team so they can take a look at your account. The phone numbers are here: http://goo.gl/RossSA.

Let us know what they say!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok will do!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I contacted the AdWords Support Team and was able to get my ad approved. Thank you.