2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

2 Ads from different websites

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have two websites which sell identical products and are very similar. However the second one is mobile friendly and I would like to start running Ads. Is this permitted?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 2 Ads from different websites

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
In Google adwords policy exact case is not mentioned but I'm sharing post of a top contributor @MosheTLV
MosheTLV on similar issue.

"E.g: if the car advertised, on two different landing pages, is sold by the same dealership, and it is the same or similar model - this would be a violation to promote it using different accounts;

However, if the same dealership has different landing pages for a different models of cars, this would not necessarily be a violation, though the same business entity (i.e dealership) advertises both models.

The difference is, that in the second case, the audiences targeted are not necessarily the same. (i.e. Different car models are aimed to different audiences)

Full post is here @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Double-Serving-Policy/td-p/429044

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is fine as long as this is done using one account.  Technically, if the landing page is coded correctly, this can be done by setting one campaign and adjusting the bid for mobile.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Is it still okay if I target the same keywords for both websites?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This is good if you can create two different accounts if you have two different websites. sub-domain is allowed in a single account. This is the best advice I think.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV said it must be done using one account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @bondimedical3

For the first thing, why would you like to use both the websites when products being sold from them are same/similar? Is it only because you started AdWords for domain A and then noticed that this domain is not mobile friendly and if you use the domain B which is mobile friendly, you would be able to reach out to mobile devices efficiently?

If yes, why not stick to only one website - the domain B? Because it's friendly to both mobile and desktop.

If there's any other reason for using them both, use them from the same account. I second @MosheTLV's suggestion on this. Doing this will assure that you are not penalized for double serving policy violation. 

Now when it comes to using both sites from the same account, you won't be able to have different campaigns/adgroups for them individually for the same set of keywords. Obviously, it will create conflicts and your campaigns/adgroups would compete against each other. In this scenario, the best would be to have more than one ad copies pointed to both your websites separately. It will allow you to experiment ad copies and find their effectiveness based on the landing pages they are pointing to. 

The other method can be to write mobile specific ads and point them to this new domain.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi bondmedical3,

Ratan has a good point. If site B has a "responsive" design that is appropriate for both desktops and mobile devices, it might be a good idea to just advertise site B. If the site design is not responsive, you will want to advertise both sites. For site B, create ads with mobile preference. You may want to create this campaign with a low default bid plus a mobile bid multiplier.

The ad that gets shown will come from the ad group where the keyword has the highest ad rank. In order to get best results, the bid multiplier for the mobile site should result in a slightly higher bid than for the desktop site. That will help get your mobile ads shown on mobile devices. Achieving 100% of mobile ads shown on mobile devices is difficult, but you can get close this way.

Most definitely keep both campaigns in the same account

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords